Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 03:05 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,073 times

Advertisements

As long as you can transfer it that's OK. They are a money making school. Proprietary. But far from the worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 10:27 AM

25 posts, read 44,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideman View Post
I am currently a student in their CJ program and have almost finished my associates degree with them. I know it's only nationally accredited and an online school but it works quite well for me. I am a somewhat older student that is trying to round out my education and resume. You sound like you're of traditional college age so I agree with the other poster to go to a regular cc and then transfer to a state university in your state. I think that PF serves those that are already established in their careers and need the education but can't go to a bricks and mortar school for whatever reason. Also their vocational courses are very thorough (I've taken two). Of course as thorough as they can be being online/correspondence. Best of luck to you.
hi sideman,
hola.

Did you successfully procure your degree @ Penn Foster for Criminal Justice?
How did you do on it? Was it procured in a shorter time than at a brick and mortar?(2 of my family members)i know is acclimated with this great school and neither had a complaint about penn foster online college degree.Best of all they were able to pre-arrange own pymt.schedule,etc. No Debt left over was best they said,and was able to accelerate it.No debt,left over-ZERO(even deferred pymts.2x for both of them)going for Criminal Justice,(both loved it so much,no bemoan about their CJ PF degree at all.)Actually, the NYPD accepted him already with a Penn Foster College Nationally Accredited Degree really was irrelevant,at the time it was not regionally.I hear it is now regionally and nationally not sure.However 2 years ago it was not when they graduated 2012.I am very curious how long it took you to implement? Took 1 of my fam members only 2 years to procure.The other just finish hers premise on in 2013,she had to take six month break)Gracia.adios.

Last edited by LoveLawMusicWriting; 06-21-2014 at 10:38 AM..

Old 06-21-2014, 10:35 AM

25 posts, read 44,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailmoney View Post
The career diploma programs seem to be regionally accredited, while the associate degree programs are only nationally accredited. I was particularly eyeing a computer support or a business diploma or degree. Any helpful information on this school would be great. It seems to be more respected than UoP, from my research. I think the College differs from the Career School in terms of accreditation.

Any helpful info? Have any of you attended this school?

EDIT: Please don't waste time replying with the "don't do an online school, go to a junior college" post. That's not what this topic is about.

2 of my fam members went here.1 is now working with the NYPD,he love it!(so far)and the other had to take a six month break premise on family reasons,kids etc.But will graduate from here in 3 short months.Almost done.
Both had no bemoaning about penn foster online college B.S.(criminal justice) 1 implement it way shorter than the standard,
way too long,"four years"or five years,it take many to procure at brick and mortar CJ degree.He did his prior to being accepted by the NYPD.Finished his CJ Degree online 2 years,but the way he was able to accelerate was by doing it full time with many hours a week,seven days a week,aggressively.Got it done in just about 22 months to be exact,then applied with the NYPD who did accept his Criminal Justice Degree. So good luck to you,if your going to PF.Degree i have learned by my 2 family members,
& through extensive research by all accounts,Penn Fos is a great distance learning career school,high school diploma etc.to college, and it really is what your going to make out of your learning,education"whereever you decide to go in life,so good luck to you,if your going to P. Foster .Really is not for "everybody"but for my fam (2)members,who are happy with their degree from P.Foster it worked out for them...

adios.

Old 06-21-2014, 03:24 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,475,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLawMusicWriting View Post
hi sideman,
hola.

Did you successfully procure your degree @ Penn Foster for Criminal Justice?
How did you do on it? Was it procured in a shorter time than at a brick and mortar?(2 of my family members)i know is acclimated with this great school and neither had a complaint about penn foster online college degree.Best of all they were able to pre-arrange own pymt.schedule,etc. No Debt left over was best they said,and was able to accelerate it.No debt,left over-ZERO(even deferred pymts.2x for both of them)going for Criminal Justice,(both loved it so much,no bemoan about their CJ PF degree at all.)Actually, the NYPD accepted him already with a Penn Foster College Nationally Accredited Degree really was irrelevant,at the time it was not regionally.I hear it is now regionally and nationally not sure.However 2 years ago it was not when they graduated 2012.I am very curious how long it took you to implement? Took 1 of my fam members only 2 years to procure.The other just finish hers premise on in 2013,she had to take six month break)Gracia.adios.
Penn Foster College is nationally accredited; Penn Foster Career School and High School are regionally accredited. In Penn Foster's words, the career school does not award college-level credits. They are more like continuing education credits that are not transferable. However, Penn Foster College might give you college credits toward one of their own degree programs for their career certificates and career diplomas.

NYPD only requires 60 college credits from an accredited college. They don't care about regional vs. national accreditation. They also don't care about your major. However, this does not mean that every police department is this way. I've seen police departments in Texas specifically state that the credits must come from a regionally accredited school. My state's law enforcement commission also does not recognize degrees from nationally accredited schools for credit towards higher levels of certification. You have to do your research ahead of time to determine how much a degree from a nationally accredited school will limit your options.

Old 06-21-2014, 05:13 PM

366 posts, read 730,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
Penn Foster College is nationally accredited; Penn Foster Career School and High School are regionally accredited. In Penn Foster's words, the career school does not award college-level credits. They are more like continuing education credits that are not transferable. However, Penn Foster College might give you college credits toward one of their own degree programs for their career certificates and career diplomas.

NYPD only requires 60 college credits from an accredited college. They don't care about regional vs. national accreditation. They also don't care about your major. However, this does not mean that every police department is this way. I've seen police departments in Texas specifically state that the credits must come from a regionally accredited school. My state's law enforcement commission also does not recognize degrees from nationally accredited schools for credit towards higher levels of certification. You have to do your research ahead of time to determine how much a degree from a nationally accredited school will limit your options.
Hello LoveLawMusicWriting. I absolutely agree with L210. You must do your due diligence before committing to a school. In my case it doesn't matter because I have no intention to become a LEO in my state of Texas. Since I am an older student, that will probably look for security related work, it has worked for me. Yes I did finish the associates of criminal justice and it took me about 3 years due to the time I was able to devote to it outside of my business. I am now working on the bachelors degree and am in the third semester currently. I was so impressed with Penn Foster that I continued onward.

By the way, I dig your moniker (LoveLawMusicWriting). I wish I would've thought of it.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,593 times
I want to get my bachelors degree in business, do I need to do any other courses before hand? And will I be able to get a job after or do I have to complete other requirements outside of penn foster to get a job?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities