Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 02:59 PM

4 posts, read 5,775 times

Advertisements

I started college in august 13, 2007 and I hate the school, They don't teach good, I always have to correct the teacher, they don't have any computers
in the class for the hands on training they promise. The teacher never showed up on the 8th day and they had us siting there for 5 hours with out telling us what was going on.If you ask question when he reading the book so you can understand they tell you read it at home and use google.There credits not many school accept them. They only give you a diploma, I want to get associate degree.
So I try to drop out, but they where giving me a hard time, by sending me to difrent people, and my reason where not good enough. I still haven't been able to drop out.
I went to another college and they started the transfer of my finicial aid, and help me cancel my stanford loan.The first college is telling me i have to pay them for the whole term and the new college I want to go to is saying that's not how it works.I have no idea how this works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 06:09 PM

454 posts, read 1,339,731 times
I get the sense that English isn't your first language. If I am wrong, I promise I am not trying to be ugly. If I am right, you might want to think about contacting an embassy or student organization from your home country to get them to help you. Your current school may be taking advantage of your lack of knowledge.

Either way, good luck.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:48 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,475,331 times
Are you in a proprietary school? A "for profit" kind of trade school?

Old 08-28-2007, 07:40 PM

ATI career training center.
My writing is not that good since i have writers block.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:07 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,194,782 times
I may be mistaken, but I don't think ATI would be considered a college. That may be one reason that the credits are not transferable.

You haven't been there long enough to really get into the classes. Give yourself a little more time.

Which one of their training programs were you interested in?

Old 08-29-2007, 05:19 AM

IT Network Aministrator.
I ask around 20 people that where in terms 2 to 4, how it was, and was told the same thing by everyone. They wish they could leave to another school, That they don't teach you enough.Everything I notice wrong with the place
they told me was true.
When I signed up, I was told that the credits can be transfer anywhere.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:16 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,347,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksterx View Post
IT Network Aministrator.
I ask around 20 people that where in terms 2 to 4, how it was, and was told the same thing by everyone. They wish they could leave to another school, That they don't teach you enough.Everything I notice wrong with the place
they told me was true.
When I signed up, I was told that the credits can be transfer anywhere.
Oops..... Can you get a refund? I am serious.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:25 PM

358 posts, read 916,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SepiaZelda View Post
I get the sense that English isn't your first language.
It appears that way. The original poster needs some intense English classes to learn the basic mechanics of English first. Then, perhaps, he can move on to the education field that interests him.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:33 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,194,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SepiaZelda View Post
I get the sense that English isn't your first language.
I had wondered about this too. Perhaps there is a problem with reading too. That could be a big hurdle if textbooks and manuals can't be easily read.

At any rate, if you are disatisfied with the school, you probably won't get your money back. Tuitions and fees are seldom refunded, especially when it's just a case of someone not liking the school. Just don't pay anymore. Start over again somewhere else.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:45 AM

3,574 posts, read 14,347,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
......At any rate, if you are disatisfied with the school, you probably won't get your money back. Tuitions and fees are seldom refunded, especially when it's just a case of someone not liking the school. Just don't pay anymore. Start over again somewhere else.
How much, if any, depends on the contract that was signed. If all fees are non-refundable then he's out of luck. Some facilities offer a percentage if the student withdraws, but only within a specific time frame. This school advertises extensively on the television and to my knowledge, it is not cheap. If one has invested $$ or signed for loans, s/he is still responsible for payment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities