Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 06:22 AM

3,092 posts, read 5,010,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
and now people can finally just stop the hate and jealousy of Ohio St.
You're exhibiting well why people hate Ohio State. Their flippin fans!

Win or lose, I predict you'll be burning a couch monday night.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:43 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,826,842 times
Lets also not forget oregon has already played Big 10 football this year. In fact Ohio St and Oregon both played a common foe this year Michigan St. Oregon won by 46-27 over Michigan St and Ohio St won by 49-37. Oregon +19 Ohio St +12

Old 01-11-2015, 01:54 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,373,894 times
If Ohio state plays as they did against Alabama then they are likely to win. both team tho have shown like other that they are beatable. that is common in college teams.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:20 PM

328 posts, read 439,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I saw that and what Joey Bosa said.

Meyer isn't that stupid enough to believe 1 single week of practice with aerobic practice is going to be effective. Seriously, think logically, 11 days of wind sprints to combat a team that has been doing it for 6 years is frivolous. USC tried that and they got boat-raced. No, he is going to focus on what the Bucks do well defensively and how he believes his defense will defeat our offense. tOSU may win, but it will not be because they did win sprints for a week. But, I hope they are that stupid.

Ohio St just did not start this. They employ strength and condition coaches that do this year around.
Ohio St is always well conditioned. Young athletes adapt quickly to changes.

They are already doing wind sprints, this is nothing new.

This team has not been doing this for 6 years, the current team is loaded with veterans who have only played of course 4 years max so different players effect this thought.

I think Ohio St will physically handle their o line and Ohio Sts front 7 are extremely quick. If they can get into the back field and disrupt plays Mariotta will have his hands full.

The game will be won in the trenches and mistakes.

Everyone is talking like Oregon is the fastest thing since sliced bread. They are not that darn quick.

Remember, Ohio St destroyed a team from Oregon a few years ago and that team was suppose to be the fastest team on earth and loaded with NFL players.

The Oregon team Ohio St beat 4 years ago was faster, stronger, quicker etc and Ohio St totally handled them in every aspect of the game.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:27 PM

33,386 posts, read 35,114,204 times
in the end it will come down to who executes better during the game, and not just in the play by play, but the entire game plan as a whole. will oregons defense do what they did against florida? or will the do what they did in oregons loss to arizona? will oregons offensive line be healthy? if so then mariotta will have the time and room he needs to get things done. if not, then perhaps ohio st can take advantage.

both teams will know however at the end of the game that they have been in a real tussle, and they will have earned the win no matter which way it goes.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:00 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,482,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
Ohio St just did not start this. They employ strength and condition coaches that do this year around.
Ohio St is always well conditioned. Young athletes adapt quickly to changes.

They are already doing wind sprints, this is nothing new.

This team has not been doing this for 6 years, the current team is loaded with veterans who have only played of course 4 years max so different players effect this thought.

I think Ohio St will physically handle their o line and Ohio Sts front 7 are extremely quick. If they can get into the back field and disrupt plays Mariotta will have his hands full.

The game will be won in the trenches and mistakes.

Everyone is talking like Oregon is the fastest thing since sliced bread. They are not that darn quick.

Remember, Ohio St destroyed a team from Oregon a few years ago and that team was suppose to be the fastest team on earth and loaded with NFL players.

The Oregon team Ohio St beat 4 years ago was faster, stronger, quicker etc and Ohio St totally handled them in every aspect of the game.
Try and re-read my post and think about what I wrote. I was responding to someone who claimed that the Bucks have been doing some conditioning to prepare for the Ducks. At this point tOSU will not be doing that because if they haven't already, it would have been a waste of time.

This Oregon team is far superior to the 2009 team that was qb'd by a 5'9" JC transfer that was really just capable of trucking dbs. The current rbs were 5 stars out of hs and Royce Freeman has more yards rushing than LaMichael James had when he was a frosh (guess we will see how they compare at the end of their career). The offense may have ran plays faster then, but defenses across the country have adapted and Oregon doesn't run the zone read the same way they did 5 years ago. The wrs are better than 2009 and we are overall bigger, stronger, and better. The defensive/offensive front is also bigger too. I guess we will see if they are better than tOSU tomorrow.

Both teams are far different than they were 5 years ago. So, feel free to look back at 2009 and cling to that, but come tomorrow it will not matter. Half of the kids for both teams were 13 or 14 years old the last time we met.

Win or lose, I will be there hoping the Ducks keep rolling and are fortunate to claim their first National Championship. I am confident they are ready for this game.

Last edited by Acuda; 01-11-2015 at 08:15 PM..

Old 01-11-2015, 08:20 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,618,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post

Actually, we all have pictures of Mark May and Skip Bayless we're prepared to burn. We may even follow the lead of the great Ohioan General William Tecumseh Sherman and burn Fort Worth.

Last edited by grmasterb; 01-11-2015 at 08:31 PM..

Old 01-12-2015, 12:07 AM

4,887 posts, read 5,061,795 times
If Oregon scores 21 in first quarter lookout.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:26 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,031,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post

Michigan fans are much more obnoxious we on the other hand love to party sittin' on the couch burn'n' a hooter !
It was Texas fans who were obnoxious when Vince Young came to "The Shoe" ...I should know I was at the game sittin' next to them!

Old 01-12-2015, 09:54 AM

3,092 posts, read 5,010,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Actually, we all have pictures of Mark May and Skip Bayless we're prepared to burn. We may even follow the lead of the great Ohioan General William Tecumseh Sherman and burn Fort Worth.
Sherman burned Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football