Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 03:45 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,679,050 times

Advertisements

Is Thomas Holley keeping his commitment, now that Johnson is gone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 03:47 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,679,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Is Thomas Holley keeping his commitment, now that Johnson is gone?
I just got my answer!

Old 01-16-2014, 06:36 AM

16,289 posts, read 10,438,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Paterno is dead. Sandusky is in jail. Penn State is now on it's 2nd coach since then. The NCAA is easing it's restrictions on the school. In a few years, things will be back to normal. Let this sordid mess die.
Again i would be happy to if PSU fans would simply stop making claims that are simply not true.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:05 AM

18,228 posts, read 25,885,077 times
Quote:
This thread is about the present football team as it tries to get past the horrible events that have happened. The current players are NOT responsible for that - and neither are their fans.

Yes!

Old 01-16-2014, 08:25 AM

18,228 posts, read 25,885,077 times
Quote:
Paterno is dead. Sandusky is in jail. Penn State is now on it's 2nd coach since then. The NCAA is easing it's restrictions on the school. In a few years, things will be back to normal. Let this sordid mess die.

I'd like for this thread to remain a "team thread." When this ordeal broke wide open I set up a thread (Joe Paterno/Penn State-all comments here) for people to sound off. In a days time four threads started with different twists to this situation. I had to eventually merge 2 and close 2 others as this message boards encourages one thread per subject.The thread went to well over 500 posts. Dozens of posts were deleted. I had to shut this thread down several times overnight to let people cool off a tad. Trolls who signed up to this message for the sole intent to hurl insults at Penn State alumni posters here, well, they were dispatched in short order.

After several months the thread slowed down as the legal system played out. In the meanwhile the thread closed on this subforum and went right over to the True crimes forum as the legal system was sorting this out.

I suppose I could re-activate that specific thread for comments, the reason being that THIS thread is set up for team discussion; past games, future games, player recruitment, etc., etc. But I actually would like to think we could move ahead with this. Certainly the Penn State alumni who post on City Data would be all in regarding this.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-16-2014 at 09:52 AM..

Old 01-17-2014, 11:13 AM

16,289 posts, read 10,438,365 times
OK I'll be quiet now as I appreciate your position.

Regarding Franklin I think he is a great hire. He was the coach in waiting when/if Ralph Freidgen left at Maryland, had a million dollar buyout clause in his contract if he was not given the head coaching job. The new AD came in and told him that was no longer the case. He then proceeded to throw him out the door and hire that idiot from UConn, Randy Edsall. As a Maryland grad it's just awesome to see how well James Franklin has done as Maryland continues down the road of irrelevance.

Franklin is very charismatic and for that reason has a very good ability to recruit. If he could land top 10 talent at Vanderbilt imagine what he can obtain at PSU.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:53 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,049,919 times
WR Allen Robinson was drafted by Jacksonville.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:39 PM

So what kind of year do you expect the Nits to have?
They have their first game on Saturday.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:39 PM

Location: Central Texas. Wait, I mean South Texas. Actually, both Central and South Texas
317 posts, read 574,669 times
Anyone know why the first game is being played in Ireland? I think it's a horrible idea. It takes away a home game for one of the teams and none of the Irish citizens care about American football.

On a different note, does anyone know what kind of offense Penn State is going to run this year? I'm not familiar with Franklin's offensive philosophy. I doubt they will throw it as much as they did under O'Brien.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:20 AM

I guess we will find out tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football