Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 12:27 AM

34 posts, read 36,666 times

Advertisements

Texas Longhors.
moved to Dallas in '99 and started to get into college football a bit more. was mostly into pro football at the time. full time UT fan since Major Applewhite was QB \m/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 12:40 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,029,109 times
Texas Tech Red Raiders. I'm an alum so I'll always be a Red Raider.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:14 AM

1,672 posts, read 2,877,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Notre Dame Fighting Irish. I grew up in Minnesota, not exactly a college football hotbed, with no real rooting interest in the college game. I didn't really watch any college games and didn't care. I mostly just watched the BCS bowl games. Well in the first year of the Weis era I began watching Notre Dame games on Saturdays because they were always on. I became hooked. I loved Brady Quinn and he became my favorite college player. I loved Jeff Samardzija and Tom Zbikowski. I was hooked even whenth bottom fell out of the program in 2007 it didn't matter.

Living in SEC-land a lot of people at work expected me to be depressed or embarrassed with the NCG results but why should I be? 5 years ago we had Charlie Weis as our coach and we won 3 games. This year we won 12 games and made it the big dance. We have a top 3 recruiting class in coming and some solid pieces returning next year. For the first time in my fanhood the needle of the program is pointed upwards. Yeah the result of the NC wasn't what I had hoped but there's no shame in losing to a superior team and moving on. The future looks brighter than the past.
What is there to be ashamed of?. ND went from unranked to playing in the BCS title game. I still think that ND would benefit if they schedule of couple of upper-tier SEC schools every year.

Hey at least ND is one of the very few programs that still has a winning record all time vs Bama, 5-2.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:43 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
What is there to be ashamed of?. ND went from unranked to playing in the BCS title game. I still think that ND would benefit if they schedule of couple of upper-tier SEC schools every year.

Hey at least ND is one of the very few programs that still has a winning record all time vs Bama, 5-2.
I've seen around the internet, and heard at work, that ND was "pathetic" and I should be "embarrassed" of their performance. And not just from non-ND fans, some ND fans were saying this.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:57 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,094,163 times
Syracuse Orange. Only because they're the local team.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:36 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,877,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
I've seen around the internet, and heard at work, that ND was "pathetic" and I should be "embarrassed" of their performance. And not just from non-ND fans, some ND fans were saying this.
Well fans are fans, and what kind of positive spin can you really put on a 42-14 loss?

Alabama fans would be saying that and MORE if we lost 42-14 to anyone.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:58 PM

2,325 posts, read 3,932,372 times
Texas Tech. Have been a fan for over 25 yrs.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:43 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
Well fans are fans, and what kind of positive spin can you really put on a 42-14 loss?

Alabama fans would be saying that and MORE if we lost 42-14 to anyone.
Well from that game in a vacuum there was nothing positive but as taken as one game in a whole season it's not so bad. We still won 12 games, went from unranked to BCS #1 (a first) and we were the first program to have the #1 GSR and be the BCS #1. We were a year ahead of schedule and we made do with less all year. That all caught up to us when we played a dynasty at the apex of their power but there's no shame in that and I'm not embarrassed in the least.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:00 AM

29 posts, read 34,221 times
I have a several favorite teams but my favorite team overall is the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.
Next is South Carolina Gamecocks, Florida Gators, Michigan State Spartans. I used to like Miami when I was a young in the 80s and 90s. Had to change once they came to the ACC. LOL. Liked Georgia as kid but the more I started to like GT I started hating UGA.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:54 AM

6,068 posts, read 9,091,285 times
Double You!!!! Duhnadaduh... Veee!!! Duhnadaduh... You!!!! Duhnadaduh... WVU!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football