Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 11:21 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,898,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
24-20... Bama.

UGA covers the spread... Which is 7 now by the way.

They scored 8 more points each...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
(Mod edit-one sentence deleted)

Georgia is completely overrated yet had Alabama on the brink of losing. I guess a "schedule of layups" consists of no FCS teams and most bowl eligible teams. I bet Alabama had a difficult time from September 8th to October 20th with the teams that they played. Not to mention Western Carolina and Auburn. Then you have a Georgia team that is only ranked 3rd because of the name of the conference, not the quality of the team. I'm sure that Georgia had a real difficult time from September 1st to October 20th. They did play South Carolina, but South Carolina played a just as easy, possibly even easier, schedule. Yet somehow we are supposed to believe that the combined record of teams that Georgia beat is 62-70 and the combined record of teams Alabama beat is 71-73 are such dominant teams? And even though Notre Dame has a perfect record and the teams that they've played have a combined 81-62 record they are somehow the worse team.

Don't believe the hype.
Don't talk me to death trying to make your case for ND... Just beat Bama

Old 12-01-2012, 11:39 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,253,939 times
Quote:
Don't talk me to death trying to make your case for ND... Just beat Bama
Sorry for using logic and an actual argument with facts. I'll let you go back to blindly boosting your team/conference.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Sorry for using logic and an actual argument with facts. I'll let you go back to blindly boosting your team/conference.
Blindly? Logic?

You are a funny dude.

no one is boosting the SEC, I'm defending it! It was said the SEC is full of just layups... that is not logic or facts. That's called being a hater.

The facts are...

1) None of the top 8 SEC team lost an OOC game. Not even the sorry Vols.
2) Bama beat Michigan on a nuetral field by more than ND beat them at home.
3) ND didnt play any SEC teams.
4) the SEC is undefeated against other conferences in the Natty.
5) ND played 5 layups: Navy, Purdue, BYU, Pitt, and Wake Forest:

Last edited by Mr. GE; 12-02-2012 at 01:08 AM..

Old 12-02-2012, 03:00 AM

1,202 posts, read 1,253,939 times
Quote:
Blindly? Logic?

You are a funny dude.

no one is boosting the SEC, I'm defending it! It was said the SEC is full of just layups... that is not logic or facts. That's called being a hater.

The facts are...

2 of your 5 are not facts. Also, just because something may be true does not do anything to prove the SEC worthy of anything. 1 + 1 = 2,it is a fact that does not help the SEC's case. Just because someone doesn't praise the SEC and says that it's not as good as the hype is not being a hater. It is being realistic.

1. Is not true. Vanderbilt is one of the SEC's top teams in terms of wins and lost to Northwestern. As for Tennessee, it's not difficult to win your games when you only play one team with a winning record and two that only have one win.
2. South Carolina beat Georgia by more than Alabama did. By your reasoning this is all a farce and South Carolina should have been in the championship game.
3. So? No SEC team played Notre Dame.
4. Yes, good for them. Too bad about a few things, though: The BCS rankings are 2/3 human so therefor someone could vote for Southern Mississippi. The BCS computer rankings use an unknown formula so who knows how reliable it is. If you've ever compared just the computer rankings I'm sure that you have noticed the huge discrepancies in the rankings from one team to the next. It's also just another game with a fancy title. Winning from one year to another means nothing, just ask Auburn. Or things can even change mid-season, just ask West Virginia For any game each team has an equal chance of winning so even "momentum" means nothing. Especially after a 5 week layoff.
5. I didn't know that 3 BCS/similar independent teams with .500 or better record were considered "layups". Notre Dame also played two teams with just under .500 records that were also from BCS conferences. Actually, the only bad team that Notre Dame played was Boston College which is also a BCS conference team. I would like to hear more about Alabama's triumph over the 1-10 Western Carolina whose only win came against a Division II Mars Hill College team. So essentially Alabama played a Division II team. Maybe they will make it into a song so the win will be forever ingrained into Alabama lore about how they beat the beast. And, hey, by your logic Western Carolina is just as good as Auburn because Alabama beat both teams by the same score! Maybe next year Alabama can play an all blind NAIA team. According to you, any team an SEC team plays is good even when it's a 1 win team or a bad FCS team. However, when Notre plays a BCS/similar independent team with a winning record that's a "layup".

You really take everything out of context and only talk about one side.

If the SEC really wants to be the premier football conference then they need to stop playing FCS or lower teams and teams that will finish with a few wins, play another conference game, and play an even number of games at home and away instead of an overwhelming majority at home.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:42 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,317,668 times
Rtr. Now, bring on the Irish!

Old 12-02-2012, 07:25 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,797,012 times
Quote:
If the SEC really wants to be the premier football conference then they need to stop playing FCS or lower teams and teams that will finish with a few wins, play another conference game, and play an even number of games at home and away instead of an overwhelming majority at home.
You write a whole lot of...stuff to cover what is just basically a generally biased and delusional view of the SEC. If they aren't a premier conference with a continued reign of national champions then no conference is.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
You really take everything out of context and only talk about one side.

I take things out of context? lol... wow

I have never discussed anything with a more delusional person on this forum than you.

If you really believe Navy, Purdue, BYU, Wake, and Pitt are not lay ups because some of them have beaten the VMI's of the world there is just no hope in having a lucid convo.

Vandy is not one of the top teams in the SEC... Regardless of their record this year... that's exactly why I said only the top teams.

Bama, LSU, TAM, Miss State, GA, FL, SC and TN... Did not lose any games to actual OOC FBS opponents.

And EVERY major conf plays FCS schools... So while you are saying the SEC is not considered premier because of it, then say the same for the Big12, Pac12, ACC, and B1G.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:45 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,986,167 times
Quote:
Blindly? Logic?

You are a funny dude.

The facts are...

False.
Vanderbilt Commodores vs. Northwestern Wildcats - Box Score - September 08, 2012 - ESPN

Also when the OOC is full of Western Carolina, Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic, Wofford, Jacksonville State, Georgia Southern, Sam Houston State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Georgia Tech, etc. it's kind of hard to lose one of those games.

As for #2 there so what? The transitive property doesn't work in football. LSU beat Alabama at home last year yet lost in the NCG. Oregon beat USC by more than we beat them yet we beat Stanford and they didn't.

We didn't play any SEC teams. Getting a home and home scheduled with a SEC team is tough as most don't want to travel north of the Mason-Dixon very often.

The SEC has never played Notre Dame in NC so I don't care what Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon, etc. have done in the past. The past is irrelevant.

BYU is a better them than Auburn, Tennessee, Kentucky, Western Carolina, Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic, and probably Ole Miss. Navy, Purdue, BYU, and Pitt are all bowl eligible. ND had two true layups: Wake and Boston College. The rest of our schedule won enough games to be bowl eligible but Miami self-imposed a postseason ban.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:48 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,986,167 times
Quote:
I take things out of context? lol... wow

I have never discussed anything with a more delusional person on this forum than you.

If you really believe Navy, Purdue, BYU, Wake, and Pitt are not lay ups because some of them have beaten the VMI's of the world there is just no hope in having a lucid convo.

Vandy is not one of the top teams in the SEC... Regardless of their record this year... that's exactly why I said only the top teams.

Bama, LSU, TAM, Miss State, GA, FL, SC and TN... Did not lose any games to actual OOC FBS opponents.

And EVERY major conf plays FCS schools... So while you are saying the SEC is not considered premier because of it, then say the same for the Big12, Pac12, ACC, and B1G.
Tennessee's garbage you can't take a team with a better record that lost an OOC and replace them with Tennessee because it's convenient to your point. As for the rest of them my god look at their OOC schedule. It'd be embarrassing for them have lost an OOC game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football