Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 09:06 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,898,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Tennessee's garbage you can't take a team with a better record that lost an OOC and replace them with Tennessee because it's convenient to your point. As for the rest of them my god look at their OOC schedule. It'd be embarrassing for them have lost an OOC game.
You can't tell me what I meant...

obviously my statement was made to exclude Vandy as I knew they had a loss. I had mentioned such in another thread.

So again, don't tell me what I can or cannot do. You all are making the assumption I meant this year just to prove your point. And regardless... It's still 8 teams with no OOC loss.

Yea look at the weak OOC opponents: Washington, NC State, Michigan, Clemson, FSU, and GT. Pretty good OOC to me. Better than the Big12 or B1G as a whole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 09:06 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,797,012 times
I don't see how an SEC school can possibly have a schedule where they fulfill all their conference games and then fly all over the country to play the top three schools of every other major conference and then still work in their cupcakes that every school has on heir schedules. That would be like a 30 game season - but hey - if that's what it takes to satisfy level headed critics such as yourselves I suppose we'll run it by the coaches and Slive.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:52 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,882,759 times
SEC bashers will not be happy until the SEC either not in a BCS title game or loses a BCS title game. Bottom line.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:29 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
I take things out of context? lol... wow

I have never discussed anything with a more delusional person on this forum than you.

If you really believe Navy, Purdue, BYU, Wake, and Pitt are not lay ups because some of them have beaten the VMI's of the world there is just no hope in having a lucid convo.

Vandy is not one of the top teams in the SEC... Regardless of their record this year... that's exactly why I said only the top teams.

Bama, LSU, TAM, Miss State, GA, FL, SC and TN... Did not lose any games to actual OOC FBS opponents.

And EVERY major conf plays FCS schools... So while you are saying the SEC is not considered premier because of it, then say the same for the Big12, Pac12, ACC, and B1G.

Nobody boosts teams and ignores facts more than you.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:58 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,898,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post

Nobody boosts teams and ignores facts more than you.
How about u quote a post where I "boost" a team... I'll be waiting.

While i can take any of your recent posts on ND and you are trying to "boost" them...

I can't take you serious... Your inaccurate pool picks throughout the season tell me all there is to know about you.

Last edited by Mr. GE; 12-02-2012 at 06:25 PM..

Old 12-02-2012, 06:20 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
Quote:
Blindly? Logic?

You are a funny dude.

no one is boosting the SEC, I'm defending it! It was said the SEC is full of just layups... that is not logic or facts. That's called being a hater.

The facts are...

1) None of the top 8 SEC team lost an OOC game. Not even the sorry Vols.
2) Bama beat Michigan on a nuetral field by more than ND beat them at home.
3) ND didnt play any SEC teams.
4) the SEC is undefeated against other conferences in the Natty.
5) ND played 5 layups: Navy, Purdue, BYU, Pitt, and Wake Forest:
IOf the SEC is full oflayups then perhaps their are no experyts ansd computer are flat worng constantly. I'm a texas fan but i knw great football team when i see one and what the record iso conference play.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:16 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,518,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
You really take everything out of context and only talk about one side.

If the SEC really wants to be the premier football conference then they need to stop playing FCS or lower teams and teams that will finish with a few wins, play another conference game, and play an even number of games at home and away instead of an overwhelming majority at home.
I'm not a fan of any SEC team, but your posts are simply ridiculous. The SEC is the premier college football conference, and it has been for some time. No one needs to defend it, the body of work speaks for itself.

Your nonsensical rantings are dismissed with a wave of my hand.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:00 AM

1,202 posts, read 1,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
I'm not a fan of any SEC team, but your posts are simply ridiculous. The SEC is the premier college football conference, and it has been for some time. No one needs to defend it, the body of work speaks for itself.

Your nonsensical rantings are dismissed with a wave of my hand.
Yes, I'm sorry for using facts and logic to disprove absurd statements.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:02 AM

306 posts, read 690,373 times
Worst ending to a great game.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:00 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,986,167 times
Quote:
You can't tell me what I meant...

obviously my statement was made to exclude Vandy as I knew they had a loss. I had mentioned such in another thread.

So again, don't tell me what I can or cannot do. You all are making the assumption I meant this year just to prove your point. And regardless... It's still 8 teams with no OOC loss.

Yea look at the weak OOC opponents: Washington, NC State, Michigan, Clemson, FSU, and GT. Pretty good OOC to me. Better than the Big12 or B1G as a whole.
Washington, NC State, and GT are garbage. I'll give you the other three. Vandy is in the top 8 in the SEC record wise and they have a loss so you can't magically exclude them.
Quote:
1) None of the top 8 SEC team lost an OOC game.
Those are your words and you were wrong. Then called on it you just say:
Quote:
Vandy is not one of the top teams in the SEC... Regardless of their record this year... that's exactly why I said only the top teams.

Bama, LSU, TAM, Miss State, GA, FL, SC and TN
So you include a 5-7 Tennessee team over a 8-4 Vandy team in your mythical "top 8" of the SEC because they didn't have a loss OOC and Vandy did and you wanted to boost your point. And if your talking about historically good SEC teams why did you include TAMU (in their first year of the SEC) and MSU (who is historically garbage)?

My point isn't even that the SEC "suck" or is overrated, the SEC is the best conference in college football. But your bending the truth and making stuff up to make your point. The FACT is that Tennessee is not in the top 8 of the conference whereas Vanderbilt, according to their record, is in the top 8. That fact may be inconvenient to your point but that's too bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football