Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2014, 07:45 PM

6,810 posts, read 5,723,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
What do Bama fans think of Winston and the Noles?
They don't. At least not until the Noles get the 4th seed. I can't see the committee leaving an undefeated Champion out of the top 4 but stranger things have happened... we'll see. OSU is making a statement but TCU certainly will not fall out of the top 4 so OSU has to hope the Noles get upset or do like they always seem to do, win unimpressively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 08:03 PM

18,173 posts, read 27,728,310 times
They better think of the Noles. The Noles will come in as the 4 seed and beat the #1 Tide and that will be that.

All the Noles have done is not lost all season long...

Why are they a 4 seed again? They've played some tough games this season. You couldn't discredit them for strength of schedule.

But then again... Ga tech hasn't lost this yet.

Winston sure is cool in the pocket, isn't he?
mod edit-one sentence deleted as off topic.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-07-2014 at 12:46 PM..

Old 12-06-2014, 08:36 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,373,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Sorry if this looks like trolling, but I expect Oregon to completely dispatch the tide on the 12th of Jan.
That is what they thought when meeting LSU a few year ago and going up 20-0 first half. The it ended 40-20 and their chance. Anything can happen on any Saturday. Alabama is no Arizona State.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:56 PM

6,810 posts, read 5,723,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
They better think of the Noles. The Noles will come in as the 4 seed and beat the #1 Tide and that will be that.

All the Noles have done is not lost all season long...

Why are they a 4 seed again? They've played some tough games this season. You couldn't discredit them for strength of schedule.

But then again... Ga tech hasn't lost this yet.

Winston sure is cool in the pocket, isn't he?

You're a duck homer. Go back and beat your drum in an Oregon thread. The ducks will get a beatdown by TCU and never get a sniff of an SEC team nor the Noles.

They are #4 because they play in the weakest conference among the Big 5 and they haven't beaten many ranked teams.. plus the unranked teams they beat, they barely beat.. now I am no fan of style points and I think a 1 point win should count as much as a 50 point win but I am not on the committee. I think FSU is in the final 4 because they are undefeated and as all the other FCS teams have shown us, that is hard to do regardless of what league you play in.

If the Noles are gonna beat Alabama or any other team in the final four they will have to play better than they have played all year... period..

Old 12-07-2014, 08:37 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,931,520 times
This is the Bama fan thread. There are plenty of other places to talk about FSU, the final four and other teams.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:29 AM

18,298 posts, read 26,120,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
This is the Bama fan thread. There are plenty of other places to talk about FSU, the final four and other teams.

Yes.

We're off topic here on different teams.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:01 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,591,507 times
Congrats, Bama couldn't have asked for a better draw. Ohio St 0-3 vs Bama and Saban 2-1 vs Meyer. It ought to be a cakewake. Represent the SEC well and ROLL TIDE.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:34 PM

8,014 posts, read 5,935,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Congrats, Bama couldn't have asked for a better draw. Ohio St 0-3 vs Bama and Saban 2-1 vs Meyer. It ought to be a cakewake. Represent the SEC well and ROLL TIDE.

I am definitely looking forward to Bama beating the Suckeyes and sending them packing, once again, with a loss to an SEC team.

Honestly, if Saban hadn't been so stupid to try a 50+ yard field goal last year against Auburn (considering his kicker hadn't made one all year), FSU wouldn't be the defending champ.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:05 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,300,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
That is what they thought when meeting LSU a few year ago and going up 20-0 first half. The it ended 40-20 and their chance. Anything can happen on any Saturday. Alabama is no Arizona State.
I don't know anybody out west here that though LSU was going to be easy a couple of years ago. Maybe thats what LSU though, but Oregon fans did not take that game lightly. Arizona State did not play Oregon, and has not since 2012 (I was at that game in Tempe). I think you mean U of A. U of A was 10 and 2 and no cupcake. LSU wont' come out to Eugene, the only way they would play is if the game were played in your region, LSU won and that game is so old that the only way its played is on 1960 black and white Television now. The only team I respect from the SEC is Alabama....so it will be a great victory.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:49 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,036,390 times
Alabama will play in the championship game against either Florida State or Oregon. As good as the Ducks are, I just can't bet against FSU. They have that 2002 Ohio State-type mojo.

TCU and Baylor would give 'Bama a better game. OSU is going to get overhyped because of what they did to Wisconsin. Honestly, I think the Badgers threw that game. Bama is better than OSU, and there's no way in hell the Crimson Tide beats Wisconsin 59-0 on a neutral site. The game would probably be similar to the SEC Championship game; a blowout, but not that ridiculous.

J.T. Barrett may have given the Tide some fits, but Cardale Jones is going to be in for a rude awakening with his limited experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football