Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2012, 09:51 AM

5,864 posts, read 5,022,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
South Carolina would spank the fighting Irish and lock down Oregon. South Carolina is in the top 10.

Oh man you could only be a Georgia fan. Just because South Carolina pulled UGA's pants down and spanked them on national TV doesn't mean that they could do it to Notre Dame or Oregon.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:32 AM

518 posts, read 410,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
No, the SEC is given too much credit, and when you're in a bowl game only one of two teams can win.
That situation happened only happened last year; the SEC went head to head seven other times before that -- and won all of them.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:26 AM

934 posts, read 1,358,525 times
The SEC also had two teams playing in the championship game.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:34 AM

934 posts, read 1,358,525 times
South Carolina will roll up Notre Dame in South Bend. Clowney is like nothing K-State or Oregon had ever seen before. Florida could beat Notre Dame. What would be Notre Dame record if they were part of the SEC East? Undefeated?

Old 11-11-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
South Carolina will roll up Notre Dame in South Bend. Clowney is like nothing K-State or Oregon had ever seen before. Florida could beat Notre Dame. What would be Notre Dame record if they were part of the SEC East? Undefeated?
You're just a blind SEC homer so I'm not sure anything I say to you will mean anything more than talking to a brick wall. I will say that I would take Notre Dame over any of the SEC East teams. As inconsistent as our offense is at times Florida makes our offense look like Oregon's. Georgia may be the most overrated team in the nation. They have played a joke of a schedule and two tough games. They got straight up humiliated in one of them and needed 6 turnovers from the Gators in the other won to squeak out a win. Georgia's schedule has 10 lay up wins and two toss ups. Plus they're still coached by Mark Richt who is not exactly a big game coach. I'm not impressed in the least by Georgia. Florida's defense is legit and USCe (who you strangely keep touting as if they're a serious team) are a fraud and have been exposed.

You also speak as if USCe is going to play Notre Dame this year and they're not.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:43 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,482,067 times
Now, let me get this straight. No team who gives up 51 points can stay on the field against those big bad SEC defenses, much less win a National Championship - or some implication like that. Hmm, did I imagine A&M giving up 57 points to LaTech and then taking down Alabama? Now, granted, USC doesn't have nearly the talent that LaTech has, but me thinks some of us may need to give up on the whole expert analysis mumbo-jumbo.

And what is this, Arkansas State smashed the Rajun Cajuns, while UF...well, you get the idea. Well, just, well..

Last edited by Acuda; 11-11-2012 at 03:53 PM..

Old 11-11-2012, 05:08 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,263,488 times
Quote:
South Carolina would spank the fighting Irish and lock down Oregon. South Carolina is in the top 10.
Would this be with a 20 or 30 point head start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
That situation happened only happened last year; the SEC went head to head seven other times before that -- and won all of them.
It is no situation, if your team is in a game with another team only one of two teams can win.

Quote:
The SEC also had two teams playing in the championship game.
You do realize that the AP and USA Today polls are chosen by humans and then BCS polls are a combination of those two and a computer ranking that they wont release. Then the bowl games are also picked by people and so the SEC was chosen because of hype, not talent.

Quote:
Again, hype doesn't win games.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:41 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,840,369 times
I wonder how far Bama will fall when the BCS rankings are released in an hour or so. Can't see them falling more then 2 or 3 spots to sit at #3 or #4.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
I wonder how far Bama will fall when the BCS rankings are released in an hour or so. Can't see them falling more then 2 or 3 spots to sit at #3 or #4.
Well they're at #4. If two of the three teams in front of them drop and they handle their business they're back in the MNC.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:23 PM

518 posts, read 410,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Well they're at #4. If two of the three teams in front of them drop and they handle their business they're back in the MNC.
Georgia is also now in the mix, too, because they will get a crack at 'Bama in the SEC title game. If two teams drop, and they beat Bama, Georgia's in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football