Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 08:34 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,335,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
That "title" game back in January was flat out awful. I don't think we will see another rematch. Personally, LSU did not deserve their spot, just like Michigan and V Tech did not deserve their Sugar Bowl sports.
LSU was the only undefeated team in the nation at that time -- they were more 'deserving' than Alabama; they just weren't really the better team as it turned out. But if you're suggesting that OSU or Oregon would have done any better, spare me. They would have been flattened like LSU was - and probably worse. As we've already seen time and time again over the past few years, lots of teams look good putting up 55 points a game - until they face the teeth of the Southeastern Conference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 10:02 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,807,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
LSU was the only undefeated team in the nation at that time -- they were more 'deserving' than Alabama; they just weren't really the better team as it turned out. But if you're suggesting that OSU or Oregon would have done any better, spare me. They would have been flattened like LSU was - and probably worse. As we've already seen time and time again over the past few years, lots of teams look good putting up 55 points a game - until they face the teeth of the Southeastern Conference.
We will never know what would have happened should OSU or Standford been giving the spot. Fact is, that title game was boring.

I made a mistake, I meant Bama did not deserve that spot. They did not win their conference, or even their division within their conference. Since college football lacks a true playoff (the 4 team BS next season is not a true playoff), a team that did not win their conference should not have been given to chance to play for the title.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:09 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,268,599 times
Quote:
well...I hate to admit it but its true....but it happens all the time in the movies!!!

Old 09-12-2012, 04:47 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,522,222 times
Quote:
Wow, just WOW! We agree!!!

Old 09-12-2012, 05:36 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,918,474 times
Anything can happen in college especially with imjuires. But so far it looks like Alabama and LSU again. Haven't seen anyone else that really impresses.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Anything can happen in college especially with imjuires. But so far it looks like Alabama and LSU again. Haven't seen anyone else that really impresses.
Nobody in the top 5 has played anybody. Don't tell me Michigan is an impressive team...they really are terrible. Lets wait a few weeks eh?

Old 09-12-2012, 08:01 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,454,836 times
Quote:
We will never know what would have happened should OSU or Standford been giving the spot. Fact is, that title game was boring.

I made a mistake, I meant Bama did not deserve that spot. They did not win their conference, or even their division within their conference. Since college football lacks a true playoff (the 4 team BS next season is not a true playoff), a team that did not win their conference should not have been given to chance to play for the title.
The title game was boring but it sure featured the best 2 teams. Good defenses make boring games. OSU and Stanford would have been hammered by either team.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:31 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,335,696 times
Quote:
We will never know what would have happened should OSU or Standford been giving the spot.
Correction -- YOU will never know. The rest of the country knows Alabama or LSU would have kicked OSU's ass all over the field, though only the objective college football fans are going to come out and admit it. Whether the title game was boring isn't the point, because it doesn't change the fact that the best two teams in the nation -- by far -- were playing in it. Please, spare me the sob story about OSU - they needed an amazing comeback (not to mention botched special teams) against Stanford, which wasn't even the best team in the PAC 12. And that's saying nothing of the fact that they lose to Iowa State. Bama lost to the team it whupped up on in the BCS title game, and the loss was in OT, no less. Bama was better. Deal with it. I mean, is Alabama getting spanked by Arizona a year later? Uh, didn't think so. lol!

Old 09-13-2012, 07:31 AM

32,119 posts, read 34,777,818 times
Quote:
Correction -- YOU will never know. The rest of the country knows Alabama or LSU would have kicked OSU's ass all over the field, though only the objective college football fans are going to come out and admit it. Whether the title game was boring isn't the point, because it doesn't change the fact that the best two teams in the nation -- by far -- were playing in it. Please, spare me the sob story about OSU - they needed an amazing comeback (not to mention botched special teams) against Stanford, which wasn't even the best team in the PAC 12. And that's saying nothing of the fact that they lose to Iowa State. Bama lost to the team it whupped up on in the BCS title game, and the loss was in OT, no less. Bama was better. Deal with it. I mean, is Alabama getting spanked by Arizona a year later? Uh, didn't think so. lol!
The bottom line is that OSU didn't deserve to play in the title game. I thought we had resolved this already.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:55 PM

Please NO LSU/Alabama Natty this year...even if they are the two best...Id Rather see David vs Goliath rather than those two defenses NOT scoring on eachother for 3.5 hours. I don't mind if either of them are playing in the natty,just not against each other. While Im at it, no USC either, I cant stand Lane K. While Im at it, how bout just anoint the Ducks as the champs no matter what happens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football