Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 11:14 AM

922 posts, read 1,700,547 times

Advertisements

lol, you gotta love SEC! SEC! SEC! fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
SEC the most dominant college sports league? I think you mean football league...you better check your notes on that one. "Sports" implies much more than football, and the SEC is nowhere near dominant in all other college sports.
Yeap, the PAC-12 would be the dominant conference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 11:40 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,898,966 times
Quote:
SEC the most dominant college sports league? I think you mean football league...you better check your notes on that one. "Sports" implies much more than football, and the SEC is nowhere near dominant in all other college sports.
Check my notes?

Ok... In sports that actually matter. Is that better?

Football, baseball, basketball, and Track & Field... U need to Check the trophy cases! The SEC has more Natty's than any other conference the last 15 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtX4415 View Post
the PAC-12 would be the dominant conference.
I can't even remember the last Pac12 team to win anything that wasn't named USC... Certainly no basketball titles. Maybe a baseball title hear and there but nothing like the SEC dominance.

Just because the pac12 is good at sports like swimming or squash doesn't make them dominant.

Y'all kill me talking about SEC fans are delusional... When the SEC almost had a clean sweep last year had South Carolina not lost in the College World Series Championship. The SEC dominates in ALL the sports that matter. Period

Old 09-15-2012, 12:39 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,807,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
Football is a big deal in the south that why the SEC is going to win its seventh BCS title. Its Georgia's turn.
That's laughable. I think we will see Florida State win another title before Georgia.

Look back at the 2011 NFL season, how many of the top 10 QBs, WRs, RBs and TEs came from the SEC?

Old 09-15-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Look back at the 2011 NFL season, how many of the top 10 QBs, WRs, RBs and TEs came from the SEC?
Eli Manning - Ole Miss
Cam Newton - Auburn
Matthew Stafford - Georgia
Tim Tebow - Florida
Jay Cutler - Vanderbilt

Arian Foster - Tennessee
Darren McFadden - Arkansas
Ben Tate - Auburn

AJ Green - Georgia
Dwayne Bowe - LSU
Julio Jones - Alabama
Percy Harvin - Florida
Randall Cobb - Kentucky
Mike Wallace - Ole Miss
Denarius Moore - Tennessee

Jason Witten - Tennessee
Aaron Hernandez - Florida

And we don't even play offense... How many top defensive players are from the SEC? Lol...

Last edited by Mr. GE; 09-15-2012 at 01:29 PM..

Old 09-15-2012, 01:38 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,045,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Check my notes?

Ok... In sports that actually matter. Is that better?

Football, baseball, basketball, and Track & Field... U need to Check the trophy cases! The SEC has more Natty's than any other conference the last 15 years.

No it doesn't...you really do need to check your facts. The SEC is fine conference - no one said that it isn't. But it's not dominant in college sports.

All athletics "matter". Don't be so arrogant to only include what you feel is important. Moneywise only football "matters", but to alumni, students, and college athletes all competitions are important.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtX4415 View Post
lol, you gotta love SEC! SEC! SEC! fans.

Yeap, the PAC-12 would be the dominant conference.
Yeah, they are in love with themselves.

I'm not sure any of the 4-5 major conferences is dominant overall. They all have many championships in all sports.

Old 09-15-2012, 02:49 PM

Yea... You all are right.

People do care about swimming, rowing, and chess etc. That's why those sports are televised and generate revenue.

You have nothing to base your opinion that the majority of people care about any sports outside of the big 4... Attendance, ratings, and revenue however serve as ALL the proof needed.

You probably still think the world is flat too.. some people hate facts.

And there are not any of the other conferences who consistently win 3 out of the 4 major championships. No one except the SEC. You can ignore this all you want but its a fact.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Yea... You all are right.

People do care about swimming, rowing, and chess etc. That's why those sports are televised and generate revenue.

You have nothing to base your opinion that the majority of people care about any sports outside of the big 4... Attendance, ratings, and revenue however serve as ALL the proof needed.

You probably still think the world is flat too.. some people hate facts.

And there are not any of the other conferences who consistently win 3 out of the 4 major championships. No one except the SEC. You can ignore this all you want but its a fact.
Whatever dude...you're the one that's not making sense. Revenue decides whether anyone cares or not? There are definitely people who care about the other intercollegiate sports or they wouldn't play them. You're the one without a valid argument.

It's always the less than intelligent that resort to insults. Keep 'em coming SEC guy.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:31 PM

18,229 posts, read 25,887,766 times
Every season, sometimes every month, we get into some sort of banter regarding who has the strongest conference.

I don't mind the banter. I do mind the name calling!

I'll close this thread if it continues!

Old 09-15-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Whatever dude...you're the one that's not making sense. Revenue decides whether anyone cares or not? There are definitely people who care about the other intercollegiate sports or they wouldn't play them. You're the one without a valid argument.

It's always the less than intelligent that resort to insults. Keep 'em coming SEC guy.
I challenge you to find an insult in any post I made... Because I have not made any. I'm just staying facts. If you mistake facts for insults then maybe your intelligence should be questioned? Or maybe you like to make up things as your own reality... Either way I'm stating facts!

And I did not graduate from an SEC school... I just know how to be objective. And make decisions based on facts. The SEC dominates. Point blank and period.

Last edited by Mr. GE; 09-15-2012 at 04:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football