Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 10:29 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,974,619 times

Advertisements

I'll be going up to Dallas for this crapfest on Friday. But to be honest, I'm looking more forward to fried food, wax cup beer, and midway rides than I am the game. If we lose I can say I was at Mack's last RRS. If we win, I'm one of the few that can say, "I was there."

If we had Ash, I'd actually think we had an outside shot. But with good ole Case, yeah right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 02:18 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,454,191 times
Big 12... ouch. Texas fans... ouch. Mack Brown is def staying after today's game.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:03 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,514,140 times
[quote=Bass&Catfish2008;31729903][quote=Bass&Catfish2008;31609377][quote=Bass&Catfish2008;31540848][quote=Bass&Catfish2008;31425967][quote=Bass&Catfish2008;31345071]

Week#7
Baylor (A-) (played enough well enough away from home for the W, but clearly a better D will cause this team to slip up, it appears that Baylor is the class of the Big XII)
Texas (B+) (beat their arch rival and were heavy underdogs, great play by Tejas at the point of attack on both sides of the ball, still the Sooners played so poorly and looked so sluggish I think the conference bottom feeders would have rolled OU, hence I can't give the Horns the A....if OU would have played Tejas straight up (with no turnovers and a halfway better scheme) and still got stomped, there's your A grade)
Texas Christian (B) (played pretty good D and won at home like you're supposed to)
Texas Tech (B-) (won at home like you're supposed to, but gave up way too many points to get a better grade)
Kansas State (C) (should have won at home, but an average grade for holding the supposed best offense ever to only 35, played it close)
Iowa State (C-) (fought hard away from home, but still not enough D to get it done = pretty much the Big XII's dilemma conference-wide)
Kansas (D+) (played hard and kept it close, but there are just too many consecutive conference losses for this team)
Oklahoma (F-) (just played downright terrible, watching OU's defense in previous games I was beginning to buy into the hype that this Sooner team might be back to national caliber and would always give great effort and not defeat itself like in recent years, more importantly the Sooners get the the lowest grade possible because of obvious lack of a decent scheme = that's poor coaching....very poor coaching, especially on offense = other QB's half as good as Bell ran all over Tejas' D....so where was that Heiple/Offensive Coordinator?; also, if the loss of one player on D (Corey Nelson) changes the play of the defense in such a negative way then clearly OU is not near to being back to form for competing for championships, just a pipe-dream.)

Old 10-13-2013, 07:22 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,550,583 times
When OU has a bad day, they just continue it for the entire game. I kept thinking OU has the talent to come back. In fact, I expected them to, but it just never happened.

Colt threw a couple of perfect passes that were sweet. Personally, I am happy for Mack Brown. And btw, thank you Texas for b* slapping the heck out of Snob Stoops.

TT undefeated! I would love to see TT beat Baylor and take the Big XII title. They deserve it IMO.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:00 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,920,863 times
For the first time, I think you're being a little light on TCU. This was by far the WORST game all season. 5 turnovers kept KU in the game. Of course, the Jayhawks still weren't going to win because they're still KU, but there should have been better effort. Don't let the score fool ya. That should have been a beat down.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:59 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,037,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
When OU has a bad day, they just continue it for the entire game. I kept thinking OU has the talent to come back. In fact, I expected them to, but it just never happened.

Colt threw a couple of perfect passes that were sweet. Personally, I am happy for Mack Brown. And btw, thank you Texas for b* slapping the heck out of Snob Stoops.

TT undefeated! I would love to see TT beat Baylor and take the Big XII title. They deserve it IMO.
Yeah, I was very surprised that OU didn't come back in the second half! Texas played very well so they may have won anyway but I figured OU would at least make it a very close game at the end.

As far as Tech goes, I appreciate it redbird! However, IMO, Baylor's offense is better than Tech's offense overall. Tech currently has two injured QB's, the starting QB hasn't taken a snap this year and the backup QB was injured last week. They had to use the 3rd string QB this week! They're also a young team. Thankfully, Tech's defense has helped them win most of their games so far.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:49 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,358,198 times
Case McCoy twice threw poor passes on wide open receivers for an additional 11 points (one easy TD, then had to settle for a field goal on the other).

The single solid win doesn't matter to me. Mack needs to go at the end of this season.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Case McCoy twice threw poor passes on wide open receivers for an additional 11 points (one easy TD, then had to settle for a field goal on the other).

The single solid win doesn't matter to me. Mack needs to go at the end of this season.
And barring a Big XII Championship, I'm pretty sure he is.

I think the Deloss Dodd's retirement spells the end of the MB era. That hurts this Sooner's heart because most Sooners (sans yesterday) always knew we had a fightin' chance with Brown at the helm.

Congrats my Bovine Lovin' Friend on the beatdown yesterday. Hopefully it won't be the start of another Horn streak!

Old 10-13-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
For the first time, I think you're being a little light on TCU. This was by far the WORST game all season. 5 turnovers kept KU in the game. Of course, the Jayhawks still weren't going to win because they're still KU, but there should have been better effort. Don't let the score fool ya. That should have been a beat down.
>>>>>
For the first time, I think you're being a little light on TCU.
<<<<<

Ha!

Apologies, I only saw a few highlights on the Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site. I'm pretty sure it didn't show 5 turnovers, but I may have missed one here or there.

Just for you, your amended grade is a C.

Old 10-13-2013, 02:27 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,920,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
>>>>>
For the first time, I think you're being a little light on TCU.
<<<<<

Ha!

Apologies, I only saw a few highlights on the Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site. I'm pretty sure it didn't show 5 turnovers, but I may have missed one here or there.

Just for you, your amended grade is a C.
That's better!

lol. Seriously, though, we can't keep playing like this. And OU will be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football