Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 01:44 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,883,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
really? stand corrected again wow.

i don't think anyone outside the state of west virginia believes that. my husband is from oklahoma and a huge fan, i know he doesn't believe that.

no national media outlets believe that. they sure posted every rumor or article they could to fill space the last couple months, but i haven't read those facts anywhere. FSU and Clemson fans don't belive that.
Of course it does make more sense that some WVU fan who spends his life on messageboards, who has yet to play a single game in the conference, knows more about the b12, fsu, and clemson than their own fans do..so maybe you are right.

let me guess, the dude and his alter-ego yoda told you?
Fsu and Clemson fans were disappointed the big 12 rejected them. They don't think highly of the ACC either. In fact only 3-4 posters from the Pittsburgh forum seem to share your view.

Everyone saw those teams express interest in the big 12 only to be told the big 12 was not expanding. I'm not sure the source of the rumours but if you are right and they made up the fact the fsu and Clemson were willing to leave the ACC based off nothing only makes the ACC look worse. Their fans were sure excited to get of the ACC.

The national media outlets don't have a good opinion of the ACC. The universal opinion is that it is a weak and unstable football conference vulnerable to raids. I'm sure your husband is a smart guy but he is hardly a relevant source safak.

What I don't get is your love of the ACC. Pitt sure didn't like it when they were not a member. As soon as it gets in some fans made a complete 180 and became cheerleaders. If you ever get out they will drop back on, the aCC sucks, train.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 05:24 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,458,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
In fact only 3-4 posters from the Pittsburgh forum seem to share your view.
actually you are dead wrong on that one. go to GT's scout site, where an espn employee has given the straight facts and shot down every rumor the day it posted(which is one reason i was never worried when the rumor mongering started, and why you were wrong 17 times out of 17 on your tirades on the pittsburgh forum here)
see the marathon 'expansion' threads. probably the most active(outside of the wvu of course) probably close to 1000 posts in total but the most informative

all GT, Miami, UNC, NCState, most clemson and fsu(not named doc), a lot of texas fans, oklahoma..and even a Wake and KSU fan or 2 have done is laugh at the rumors, make fun of wvu fans, and predict the next rumor every time the 'done deal' dates passed. they all call it the 'butt hurt wvu fans' (their words, not mine) trying to get back at the conference that stole their rival and rejected them.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
actually you are dead wrong on that one. go to GT's scout site, where an espn employee has given the straight facts and shot down every rumor the day it posted(which is one reason i was never worried when the rumor mongering started, and why you were wrong 17 times out of 17 on your tirades on the pittsburgh forum here)
see the marathon 'expansion' threads. probably the most active(outside of the wvu of course) probably close to 1000 posts in total but the most informative

all GT, Miami, UNC, NCState, most clemson and fsu(not named doc), a lot of texas fans, oklahoma..and even a Wake and KSU fan or 2 have done is laugh at the rumors, make fun of wvu fans, and predict the next rumor every time the 'done deal' dates passed. they all call it the 'butt hurt wvu fans' (their words, not mine) trying to get back at the conference that stole their rival and rejected them.
Go to any forum with posters from FSU and Clemson and you will them bashing the ACC, and upset at the Big 12 for rejecting them. Most Big 12 fans didnt care for FSU or Clemson since they are not that good.

Like I said, rumours on the internet was enough for FSU and Clemson to let the the Big 12 know they were interested in an offer. The fans and officials from the school were excited to get out of the ACC. However, the Big 12 was not expanding much to their dissapointment. So you were right not to worry about them leaving but for the wrong reasons. They were interested but the Big 12 was not.

I know Pitt fans are unhappy about the ACC's situation. They basically got out of the Big E only to join a conference in the same situation.

Everyone, except for the schools stuck in the ACC, were happy to see the ACC implode. They get no respect in football and no respect for their behavior. Hell Pitt fans hated the ACC until Pitt got trapped in it. Now all the sudden they love it, which is what everyone is laughing at. We will be laughing harder when you are begging to get out and if you do get out when you all pretend you always hated it.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:37 PM

909 posts, read 1,063,852 times
If N C State has decent defensive backs, they should beat ut in the game at Atlanta. The little orange doesn't return ANY experienced running backs...none. I'll say N C State 31 - ut 20

Old 07-25-2012, 08:01 PM

410 posts, read 342,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
You're in denial. The basketball schools killed the Big East in 1982 when it refused membership to Penn State.

Yeah you're really happy WVU is in the Big 12. What happens next year when it implodes again?
This is a FOOTBALL thread. WVU is now in the BIG XXII, probably second overall only to the SEC.

The ACC is irrelevant in football, which is THE biggest revenue generating sport in college football.

Massive FAIL.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
The only conference the Big 12 has successfully raided is the Big East. Yet WVU and TCU don't equal Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri and A&M. You better look west, because no ACC school will defect to the Big 12.
Are you KIDDING?!! WVU beats the HELL out of Mizzou and and ESPECIALLY Colorado!

I'm an OU fan, and WVU BEAT OU the last time they played. VERY worthy opponent! Congrats on that win WVU, you deserved it.

TCU is up and coming BIG TIME. Wisconsin/TCU Anyone?

A&M. I truly regret that loss. they are a GREAT football school.

And the BXII diesn't want ACC schools.Why would the BXII raid such a weak conference?

I remind you this is a FOOTBALL thread, so any references to basketball, volleyball, basket weaving, etc.. Are totally irrelevant.

Welcome to the BXII MOUNTAINEERS!

Last edited by Libsk; 07-25-2012 at 08:33 PM..

Old 07-25-2012, 08:32 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,514,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsk View Post
Are you KIDDING?!! WVU beats the HELL out of Mizzou and and ESPECIALLY Colorado!

And the BXII diesn't want ACC schools.Why would the BXII raid such a weak conference?

I remind you this is a FOOTBALL thread, so any references to basketball, volleyball, basket weaving, etc.. Are totally irrelevant.
True on all accounts, especially the part about A&M. The North teams (minus Nebraska!) could all leave and no one would care.

As for Colorado, I was always surprised they never rebounded back to the high level they were playing at in the late 80's and early 90's. Something was definitely wrong there with their leadership.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
True on all accounts, especially the part about A&M. The North teams (minus Nebraska!) could all leave and no one would care.

As for Colorado, I was always surprised they never rebounded back to the high level they were playing at in the late 80's and early 90's. Something was definitely wrong there with their leadership.
Great post Bass! I can't wait for FOOTBALL my friend!

Old 07-25-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsk View Post

I'm an OU fan, and WVU BEAT OU the last time they played. VERY worthy opponent! Congrats on that win WVU, you deserved it.

Welcome to the BXII MOUNTAINEERS!
Thank you!

We are glad to be in the Big XII!

Honestly, we were surprised, and honored to get into the Big XII. It is the best conference for WVU, except for the distances.

In the SEC we would have been middle of the pack, but in the Big XII we play in the second best football conference and have the potential to be a leader.

I apologize for Safak. This is not even about the conferences to them, but some Pitt vs WVU grudge they have going on. Perhaps they are upset that WVU ended the rivalry with wins and football and basketball.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:47 PM

Also, I understand why the Big XII rejected FSU & Clemson. However, for selfish reasons I want some ACC teams and Big E into the Big XII. Mainly it would be nice to have closer teams and old rivals. No ACC team brings anything to the table football wise, except for VT which brings a little, but for personal preference I would love a Big 16 with a eastern division.

However, remaining at 10 teams is probably the smart thing to do. It keeps the football good, and the revenue high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football