Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 03:11 PM

601 posts, read 1,077,017 times

Advertisements

Man I Luv SEC football, just all out raw, smash mouth action! It's really hard to say who will end up in the SEC CG, lol,! Very excited about our new family members, Missouri and Texas A&M but some quick advice to their fan bases, PLEASE do not overlook Ole Miss, and Kentucky, and especially Tenn, Vandy, Miss State! Y'all will see what I mean, but WELCOME TO THE SEC!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 07:07 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,350,681 times
Go Gamecocks. I'd really like to see Tennessee rebound and have a decent season. SEC is far and away the best college football, I look forward to another National Championship.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
Go Gamecocks. I'd really like to see Tennessee rebound and have a decent season. SEC is far and away the best college football, I look forward to another National Championship.
Yes man the SEC is stacked top to bottom! JMO, SC the best in the east, I said it last year and ill stick with it and I'm a Gator fan! Tenn will be tough! LOL, last yr I predicted LSU to be there and the same with Auburn but after I saw the classes that's coming in man I'm just going to watch, you never know what teams will be in the SEC CG, it's tough man!

Old 06-19-2012, 08:57 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,338,991 times
This is going to be a tough year for any SEC, but my money's on Alabama. They lost players, but it doesn't matter; they just reload. They lost players in 2010, too, and they could have competed for the national title if they hadn't had mental lapses in two of their games. They just didn't seem to have the same fire that they had that previous year or the year after, but this could easily be a 3-peat national title winner. I think whatever they lost, they'll quickly regain.

LSU looks to be competitive, too. It's going to be interesting to see if they can mentally recover from that beat-down they took in front of a national audience, though. I have to wonder. Moreover, it's rare that a rookie QB can come in and just throw the ball down the field and fit into a system in his first season. It usually takes a year, and maybe even two before the QB has full command of the offense. I think they'll be competitive, as they usually have been, but Alabama's just bigger and better at whatever LSU tries to do. Not by much, but by just enough.

Not sure about Auburn or Arkansas. I'm curious to see Georgia, though. I think they were a team that was starting to put some of the pieces together toward the end of the season but were too young and maybe needed another recruiting season to get it right.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
This is going to be a tough year for any SEC, but my money's on Alabama. They lost players, but it doesn't matter; they just reload. They lost players in 2010, too, and they could have competed for the national title if they hadn't had mental lapses in two of their games. They just didn't seem to have the same fire that they had that previous year or the year after, but this could easily be a 3-peat national title winner. I think whatever they lost, they'll quickly regain.

LSU looks to be competitive, too. It's going to be interesting to see if they can mentally recover from that beat-down they took in front of a national audience, though. I have to wonder. Moreover, it's rare that a rookie QB can come in and just throw the ball down the field and fit into a system in his first season. It usually takes a year, and maybe even two before the QB has full command of the offense. I think they'll be competitive, as they usually have been, but Alabama's just bigger and better at whatever LSU tries to do. Not by much, but by just enough.

Not sure about Auburn or Arkansas. I'm curious to see Georgia, though. I think they were a team that was starting to put some of the pieces together toward the end of the season but were too young and maybe needed another recruiting season to get it right.
You right man, Bama just reloaded, they running game will be tough! I think that defense will be just as nasty! I think Auburn will be good and Arkansas defense will be on point! Man you never know Arky can win the west, it's crazy lol, its a tough call, cause all these teams stacked! LSU is raw, that defense will be real mean!

Old 06-20-2012, 05:05 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,891,611 times
SEC should pick up VT from the ACC, who are ripe for a raid.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
SEC should pick up VT from the ACC, who are ripe for a raid.
I have to agree with you, Tech will be a great addition, also bring in a huge market!

Old 06-20-2012, 08:35 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,891,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta-SSiPP View Post
I have to agree with you, Tech will be a great addition, also bring in a huge market!
The acc is a joke so it should not be hard. Vt is a good fit but they may demand to bring a partner.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:30 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,350,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
The acc is a joke so it should not be hard. Vt is a good fit but they may demand to bring a partner.
That would be ideal. You'd send Missouri to the west and have an even 8 team split with VA Tech and whomever, likely NC State or slim chance of UNC, completing the east.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:37 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,222,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post

I think Auburn will have a strong showing despite a brutal schedule, but this is still a young team after the almost total loss of the 2010 championship squad to graduation and early draft into the pros. The fact that the 2011 team actually won 8 games is somewhat of a miracle given the youth of the personnel. What's more, the new DC of Auburn is a completely different animal from Ted Roof, who apparently didn't believe in a pass rush. In that sense, 2013 is likely Auburn's year once again.

Arkansas is a harder question. How will the loss of Petrino affect matters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football