Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 01:34 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,896,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
There are only two reasons Florida State University should not seriously consider any future invitation to join the Big 12 Conference.

Basketball.

And academics.

Both are better in the Atlantic Coast Conference, the Carolina-based, major-college sports league in which the Seminoles have competed for the past 20 years.

But neither really matter.
For more on FSU's plan to leave the dying ACC click here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 09:42 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,401,024 times
It's all about money these days, and nothing else.

Unfortunately.

But as far as academics go, FSU would rank in the middle of the Big 12 along with Kansas and OU.

Last edited by ScoPro; 05-31-2012 at 10:06 AM..

Old 05-31-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
It's all about money these days, and nothing else.

Unfortunately.

But as far as academics go, FSU would rank in the middle of the Big 12 along with Kansas and OU.
Blame the acc for making football about money.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:59 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,232,888 times
The Big 12 is holding off expansion while waiting for Notre Dame to make its move for entry.

Big 12 happy with 10 teams, for now
Quote:
Asked if that scenario came about and Notre Dame reached out to the Big 12.
"We would accept that call," Neinas said.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:29 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,401,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Blame the acc for making football about money.
It's all about money for most everybody these days, especially Texas.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:12 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,319,139 times
Cant wait to see FSU Texas/OU game I always like FSU.

Old 08-18-2012, 04:50 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,057,639 times
I guess the FSU/Big 12 rumor was started by a bunch of bitter WVU people after all...it certainly didn't turn out to be anything real, much as I (and many others) realized a long time ago. Can we stop the lies now?

Old 08-18-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
I guess the FSU/Big 12 rumor was started by a bunch of bitter WVU people after all...it certainly didn't turn out to be anything real, much as I (and many others) realized a long time ago. Can we stop the lies now?
It wasnt a rumor. Several people at FSU let the Big 12 they were interested in joining. The Big 12 didnt want them. Who started the rumor is irrelevant. FSU and Clemson jumped at the opportunity only to be turned down by the Big 12.

Personally I was all for the expansion, but I dont have any authority with the Big 12, and the ones that do have it didnt think FSU & Clemson were good enough for the big 12.

Sorry.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:03 AM

709 posts, read 1,403,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
It was started by FSU BOT Chairman and Jimbo Fisher, not WVU.

It all started when Haggard blasted the horrible new TV deal that the ACC got and said FSU should look at joining the Big 12, and he said he was speaking unanimously for the entire BOT that they want to look at joining the Big 12. That interview set of the huge storm. When they asked Jimbo about it he said FSU should do what is best for FSU, not what is best for the ACC. It was the FSU school president who was opposed to it. Not that it mattered because they went ahead and tried to join the Big 12 anyway but the Big 12 told them they didn't want to expand this year.

I agree that WVU jumped all over the story once FSU started it and ya, went totally nuts over the story. Way to crazy about it. But they didn't start it. That was all FSU.

Last edited by BevoLJ; 08-19-2012 at 04:12 AM..

Old 08-19-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevoLJ View Post
It was started by FSU BOT Chairman and Jimbo Fisher, not WVU.

It all started when Haggard blasted the horrible new TV deal that the ACC got and said FSU should look at joining the Big 12, and he said he was speaking unanimously for the entire BOT that they want to look at joining the Big 12. That interview set of the huge storm. When they asked Jimbo about it he said FSU should do what is best for FSU, not what is best for the ACC. It was the FSU school president who was opposed to it. Not that it mattered because they went ahead and tried to join the Big 12 anyway but the Big 12 told them they didn't want to expand this year.

I agree that WVU jumped all over the story once FSU started it and ya, went totally nuts over the story. Way to crazy about it. But they didn't start it. That was all FSU.
We were happy to see how pathetic the ACC is right now.

They ended the Big East, and despite raiding good teams ended up sucking hard. Now they considered a joke conference, get no respect, and are in danger of being raided when the good conferences decide they do want to expand.

I am happy the ACC was a failure and I cannot think of a more deserving conference. What is sad is all the ACC boosters who are in denial about how bad their conference has become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football