Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2010, 02:52 PM

897 posts, read 1,688,689 times

Advertisements

The NCAA has nailed them hard and players are starting to leave(Two may go to Tennessee,DE Malik Jackson has already come to Tennessee). I think with the problems only beginning,I think USC goes 7-5. USC's real problems start in 2011.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 07:35 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David674UT View Post
The NCAA has nailed them hard and players are starting to leave(Two may go to Tennessee,DE Malik Jackson has already come to Tennessee). I think with the problems only beginning,I think USC goes 7-5. USC's real problems start in 2011.
USC can still win 9 games with what they have lost so far.

The penalties seem a bit harsh to me. 30 schorlarships are gonna be tough to overcome. 15 would have been more appropo considering the offense.

I assume you are a VOL fan? You all like Dooley? Seems like a good fit to me.

By the way, I've been to three Tennessee games. First was the first game after Sep 11 in Knoxville which was a loss to UGA. The next was the SEC title game the same year. A loss to LSU. The other was the UCLA game 2 years ago in Knoxville. My VOL friends then banned me from ever going to another game. LOLs. I was rooting for Tennessee in all 3 but I guess I don't blame them. LOLs.

I think UT will be fine with Dooley. Everything is in place for success. He just needs to take advantage. Getting USC recruits is a good sign.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
USC can still win 9 games with what they have lost so far.

The penalties seem a bit harsh to me. 30 schorlarships are gonna be tough to overcome. 15 would have been more appropo considering the offense.

I assume you are a VOL fan? You all like Dooley? Seems like a good fit to me.

By the way, I've been to three Tennessee games. First was the first game after Sep 11 in Knoxville which was a loss to UGA. The next was the SEC title game the same year. A loss to LSU. The other was the UCLA game 2 years ago in Knoxville. My VOL friends then banned me from ever going to another game. LOLs. I was rooting for Tennessee in all 3 but I guess I don't blame them. LOLs. think UT will be fine with Dooley. Everything is in place for success. He just needs to take advantage. Getting USC recruits is a good sign.

I think Dooley will turn it around given time,I think a few 7-5 or 8-4 type seasons will happens before Tennessee is back where they should be! I like DD a whole lot and hope the extremely inpatient Volunteer Nation gives Him a chance. I think He'll get three years and if they aren't back to 9-10 wins a season,He'll probably be history(Big donors with big purses pull the AD's strings at Tennessee a lot,and They are an inpatient bunch).Malik Jackson was the 2nd string DE at USC,I think He'll have two years to play for Tennessee. This helps the DL a whole lot,not much depth there. Malik will be a starter real quick.

Last edited by David674UT; 07-08-2010 at 08:04 PM..

Old 07-08-2010, 08:24 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
One.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
One.

That may be in 2012 or 2013!

Old 07-09-2010, 10:15 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David674UT View Post
I think Dooley will turn it around given time,I think a few 7-5 or 8-4 type seasons will happens before Tennessee is back where they should be! I like DD a whole lot and hope the extremely inpatient Volunteer Nation gives Him a chance. I think He'll get three years and if they aren't back to 9-10 wins a season,He'll probably be history(Big donors with big purses pull the AD's strings at Tennessee a lot,and They are an inpatient bunch).Malik Jackson was the 2nd string DE at USC,I think He'll have two years to play for Tennessee. This helps the DL a whole lot,not much depth there. Malik will be a starter real quick.
The talent level at Tennessee has definatley dropped from 10 years ago. But it's still good enough that if Dooley is a decent coach they could win 8 or 9 this year. And get to decent bowl game. A win over Alabama would be huge.

I went to a bunch of Lady Vol games when I was in Knoxville too. They always won. I love Pat Summit. Sometimes I wish she was the Ohio State football coach. LOLs. Last game I went to was Candace Parkers' last home game. The Vols were up by 28 at half. Pat was screaming at them going into the locker room for slacking off. She had me scared and I was 30 rows up. LOLs.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:05 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
8. I'm not that worried about USC, even though I can't stand them. Probably the easiest place in America to recruit to.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:23 PM

2,324 posts, read 7,624,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
8. I'm not that worried about USC, even though I can't stand them. Probably the easiest place in America to recruit to.
USC is shellacing Cal right now at half time. Back in about 1957 the other schools in the league penalized USC to a half season and I'm sure supporters have still not forgotten that Cal was at the head of the pack. As for attending USC now, the area around it is just awful, nothing like 50 years ago. UCLA probably still has the nicest area to be in.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:20 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,415,339 times
USC will be a winless team in two years. They will become the new Washington State because of these sanctions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football