Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 07:27 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,028,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Please, please keep Clemson and Virginia Tech out of the SEC, and please add Georgia Tech to the possible list. Virginia Tech is too far north, and the House that Vick built may very collapse when Beamer goes. Plus they're the Turkeys for crying out loud. Clemson doesn't seem to be far ahead of Ole Miss or Mississippi State as far as facilities and record goes, and I am just plain against having three of any one mascot in a conference. The SEC has two tigers and two bulldogs already. Schools with those mascots need not apply.
Dude, lulls happen every where. VahTech wouldn't be a Bama but they could compete in time, so could Clemson.

I as a UVA fan pray to god that they stay cause if they go, we become the Iowa State of Virginia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 07:31 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,354,189 times
Quote:
The Big 12 could pick some of the other former SWC members, take some WAC, MWC, or CUSA schools outside Texas, or try to get Montana and Montana State to make the jump to DIA. Any one of those options would be a natural evolution, and wouldn't leave the Big 12 in a significantly worse situation than it was last year.
There is also talk of Arkansas joining the Big 12.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:15 PM

4,084 posts, read 5,628,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT 3000 View Post
I'm an SEC fanatic who believes that we have the best football conference, 3 national titles in three years and you know what i'm talking about,
If you are trying to play up SEC football, it's 4 National Titles in the last 4 years. I personally would have said 5 of the last 7, but I'm not a SEC fanatic.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:39 PM

5,549 posts, read 9,537,781 times
Quote:
While I'd love to see Auburn move to the SEC East where it should have been to begin with, I'd rather Texas and Texas A&M stay in the Big 12 weakened or otherwise. They're a long road trip for most schools even though they border SEC states especially when there are perfectly good SEC fit schools in the ACC if the SEC wants to expand.

Given how long Nebraska's been mediocre it may well be a decade or more if ever before they become good again. Maybe a big loss maybe not. Colorado's been an embarassment to the Big 12 on and off the field in recent years. No big loss. Shoot while the Big 12 is taking on new members I wouldn't be against them giving Missouri its wish to be free of the Big 12 by kicking them out. With all of that all the Big 12 has really lost is the possibility of a revived Nebraska program. The Big 12 could pick some of the other former SWC members, take some WAC, MWC, or CUSA schools outside Texas, or try to get Montana and Montana State to make the jump to DIA. Any one of those options would be a natural evolution, and wouldn't leave the Big 12 in a significantly worse situation than it was last year.
>>>>>
or try to get Montana and Montana State to make the jump to DIA.
<<<<<

I'm assuming this is severely sarcastic. If not, that is the most ridiculous comment I've seen in this thread. It's kinda like saying, "Hey, the Gamecocks left for the Big10 so let's try to get Morehead St. to make the jump to bigtime D1 football."

SEC fans need to show just a tad bit of respect. We all know the Big 12 North blows, but no one expected the Cornhuskers to fall off like they did. On the other hand, year in and year out the Big 12 South is arguably the toughest division in all of college football.

Cheers.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:26 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,426,154 times
Quote:
While I'd love to see Auburn move to the SEC East where it should have been to begin with, I'd rather Texas and Texas A&M stay in the Big 12 weakened or otherwise. They're a long road trip for most schools even though they border SEC states especially when there are perfectly good SEC fit schools in the ACC if the SEC wants to expand.

Given how long Nebraska's been mediocre it may well be a decade or more if ever before they become good again. Maybe a big loss maybe not. Colorado's been an embarassment to the Big 12 on and off the field in recent years. No big loss. Shoot while the Big 12 is taking on new members I wouldn't be against them giving Missouri its wish to be free of the Big 12 by kicking them out. With all of that all the Big 12 has really lost is the possibility of a revived Nebraska program. The Big 12 could pick some of the other former SWC members, take some WAC, MWC, or CUSA schools outside Texas, or try to get Montana and Montana State to make the jump to DIA. Any one of those options would be a natural evolution, and wouldn't leave the Big 12 in a significantly worse situation than it was last year.
Nebraska not good for a decade?? Did you see the Big 12 Championship Game in which Ndamoken Suh threw that pretty quarterback all over the field, and Texas needed an extra second from the refs to come from behind? Did you notice that Nebraska had the second-highest ranking in the conference at the end of the season? Goodbye, Texas--Hello, Big 10!

Old 06-12-2010, 10:34 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,298,801 times
Texas in Pac-10 is stupid. 3 time zones and I don't care about watching Texas play the west coast schools. I'm a Big 10 fan and love watching Big 12 games. It's all about TX wanting more money and not sharing their revenue with other big 12 schools that led to this break up. It will alll come down to what Texas does.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:12 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,993,309 times
I think A&M over values itself. The purpose for expansion is to gain the TV markets. The Ags dont really command Houston as much as Texas does. If the SEC wants them they should gladly accept. They are not a hot commodity that two conferences should fight over.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:08 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,469,046 times
On a side note (besides TV markets, recruiting, etc.), I find it rather hilarious to hear A&M fans and state representatives yammering on about how there would be better competition in the SEC. Yes, I'd agreee with that, but A&M is 8-8 all time against the Pac and 4 of those wins where before 1952 for god sakes. Either way, A&M will get kicked around. Aggies are always overrating themselves. Heck, the only programs A&M are truly good at are Track and Equestrian. Sadly, me being a big track fan, I'd love to see Oregon vs. A&M in track year in year out.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:41 PM

20,531 posts, read 33,647,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
Texas in Pac-10 is stupid. 3 time zones and I don't care about watching Texas play the west coast schools. I'm a Big 10 fan and love watching Big 12 games. It's all about TX wanting more money and not sharing their revenue with other big 12 schools that led to this break up. It will alll come down to what Texas does.
Texas will rarely play on the West coast. Most of their games will be in the Central and Mountain Time Zone. Me as a fan though, I'd rather Texas head to the SEC. But I have no problem with the Pac 10. Texas views the Pac 10 as a better academic fit as opposed to the SEC. I hate to say that but that's what the administration believes.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:58 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,053,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Aggies are always overrating themselves.
That's for sure!...LOL. They haven't even been dominant in the Big 12, Texas and OU have that distinction. If the Aggies end up in the SEC they will be utterly annihilated each week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football