Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 12:00 AM

135 posts, read 642,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida15 View Post
Bad area.
Not to start a fight, but if you want a truly bad area in wilmington then I suggest you drive around 3rd and castle. While Randall and Kerr is near to some undesirable parts of Market and the sprawl there, its still a safer area than most in Wilm. It's hard to admit, but there's never going to be a 100% crime free area anywhere (unless you live at the police station).

Having largely lived here alone or with another female, I've never once feared for myself or my belongings. I have 3 other female friends that live in the complex and they've never had issues either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 05:16 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,818,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by historychic09 View Post
Not to start a fight, but if you want a truly bad area in wilmington then I suggest you drive around 3rd and castle.
nah. i used to live right at 3rd and castle, 1 block over on church. i would say it is average for downtown. i wouldn't raise kids there, but it wasn't bad living there single. go north and the houses get big and historic, go south and it gets rough.

the worst areas in town, IMO, are north on 30th street, to the creekwood projects, or south to the projects on greenfield street.

as a general rule of thumb, the least amount of crime is east along the intracoastal waterway, the most crime is west along the river (downtown, the port, chemical storage industry, sewage plant). midtown is in between.. Monkey Junction and the UNCW area have their share of good, and creepy areas.

Last edited by le roi; 05-26-2010 at 05:30 AM..

Old 05-26-2010, 09:58 AM

431 posts, read 1,145,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Yes, coffebean, that is exactly right. It is a matter of opinion.

However, we should respect others' opinions, no matter how silly and alarmist.
Thank you le roi.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:59 AM

I know its not a gated community or anything, but its also not littered with used syringes and hookers on the corner.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:24 AM

698 posts, read 3,273,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean330 View Post
I know its not a gated community or anything, but its also not littered with used syringes and hookers on the corner.
Oh.....excuse me,I didn't know it had to have syringes and hookers to be considered a bad area. I thought you meant crime statistics. We've been in Wilmington almost seven years and know where the bad areas are,and this is considered one of them. Stay alert,don't let your guard down,and best of luck to you.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Oh.....excuse me,I didn't know it had to have syringes and hookers to be considered a bad area. I thought you meant crime statistics. We've been in Wilmington almost seven years and know where the bad areas are,and this is considered one of them. Stay alert,don't let your guard down,and best of luck to you.
I appreciate your feedback. I guess I'll have to see for myself.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:05 AM

698 posts, read 3,273,957 times
Quote:
I guess so.....like I said,just be VERY careful. Again,I wish you all the best and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
I guess so.....like I said,just be VERY careful. Again,I wish you all the best and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:45 PM

23 posts, read 100,233 times
Just gonna read between the lines and answer the real question. Drive to Brooklyn's Pizza if they don't deliver. It's probably going to be better than anywhere else you'd order from.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:50 PM

23 posts, read 100,233 times
Quote:
Go to starnewsonline.com scroll down and there's a crime map so you can see for yourself where there are risky areas. Probably won't be much that hasn't already been stated on this thread but it's police data vs. opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina