Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2009, 08:27 PM

5 posts, read 54,143 times

Advertisements

Hi- My girlfriend and I are meeting my parents and staying in a house in Kitty Hawk on July 1st-4th ... I have been but I was about 7 or 8 and my girlfriend has never been !!! we are looking for cool bars and things to do on our own!!! ANY RECOMMENDATIONS ?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 02:18 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,428,811 times
Hang gliding, kite flying, fishing etc - try Awful Arthurs (Beach Road, MP 6), Dirty Dick's (MP 9 or 10 maybe?), there's just so many casual restaurants there. Duck is a nice area too, not that familiar w/ it aside from Scarborough Faire shops. Would check out Hatteras Lighthouse - it is a quiet area but it's nice to walk along the beach etc. Maybe go to the Lost Colony if you havent seen it and you think she'd like that. Stop at the Visitor Center as you get in, there's a ton of booklets and brochures you can pour thru that have a wealth of info. Am sure you'll have a great time.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:25 PM

431 posts, read 1,142,447 times
Take a drive out to Ocracoke. Its an small island at the end of the outer banks. You have take a ferry to get there, but it makes the trip more interesting (I think). There are also several businesses dedicated to "wild pony tours". I've never done it, but really, you get to spend an hour or two in an air conditioned vehicle, looking for wild horses.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:46 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,706,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean330 View Post
Take a drive out to Ocracoke. Its an small island at the end of the outer banks. You have take a ferry to get there, but it makes the trip more interesting (I think). There are also several businesses dedicated to "wild pony tours". I've never done it, but really, you get to spend an hour or two in an air conditioned vehicle, looking for wild horses.
Ocracoke is a nice trip - and then you can stop at Howard's Pub! But if you're only there from July 1-4, you may want to think on that one, as that will be pretty much a whole-day trip.

Port O'Call is a pretty cool little bar that we used to try and stop at when we still stayed down in Kill Devil Hills.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:31 PM

431 posts, read 1,142,447 times
My Mom and I found a very good steakhouse in Nags Head while we were there. Its called Prime Only (I had to look it up) and while expensive, its worth it. One of the best steaks I've ever had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina