Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 06:25 PM

807 posts, read 2,516,862 times

Advertisements

In just a tick over two months my wife and I will be coming back to the Outer Banks!

We may not come back home this time! We're staying two nights in Kill Devil/Nags Head,and 4 in Morehead City. I love it so much we may not come back home. All of you who live over there are so fortunate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 07:54 PM

713 posts, read 3,931,515 times
Smile Hard to disagree with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenKarber View Post
In just a tick over two months my wife and I will be coming back to the Outer Banks!

We may not come back home this time! We're staying two nights in Kill Devil/Nags Head,and 4 in Morehead City. I love it so much we may not come back home. All of you who live over there are so fortunate.
You are right about being fortunate to live here. Every morning when I walk to the mailbox to get the newspaper, I smell the water and almost always see some blue skies. The water this time of year is almost always inviting. This area is hard to beat if you love water.

I showed some folks from NJ around on Thursday afternoon. They had looked as far south as Georgia for a place to relocate. They decided to give our area another look.

I spent about three hours showing them a few homes and lots of different neighborhoods. Today the wife who had not even made the trip called for some more information. She said the farther her husband and father got from Carteret County the more they missed it.

Though I did not go fishing this weekend, I did just about everything else.

This is a great place to define your own fun.

It was a great weekend, and the summer has just started. The peak fun time does not even come until fall.

I hope you find a spot that makes you as happy as I am.

Good luck

Old 05-27-2009, 07:19 PM

56 posts, read 118,386 times
Default Two more months for me too!

This Ohio girl just can't wait to get on the highway and head to the beach at the end of July! DH and I will be staying a week in Indian Beach. We have been to Atlantic Beach, OBX and Emerald Isle many times. All wonderful! Until then, I settle for beach shots on my Mac desktop and seashells adorning my office desk. Hope to retire in NC in 9 years, God willing.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:16 PM

713 posts, read 3,931,515 times
Smile You have good taste in beaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbeach50 View Post
This Ohio girl just can't wait to get on the highway and head to the beach at the end of July! DH and I will be staying a week in Indian Beach. We have been to Atlantic Beach, OBX and Emerald Isle many times. All wonderful! Until then, I settle for beach shots on my Mac desktop and seashells adorning my office desk. Hope to retire in NC in 9 years, God willing.
And computers of course. If you run out of pictures, you can check out my site, Crystal Coast links, which has lots of area pictures that I have taken.

I worked for Apple for almost 20 years so I still enjoy my Macs.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:05 PM

Huh?

Old 06-07-2009, 10:06 PM

I can't wait for an El's burger,and I also can't wait to get back to the Channel Marker restaurant too!

Old 06-08-2009, 03:33 PM

7,145 posts, read 12,683,391 times
Love your excitement! We'll try to save a shrimp burger or two and some hot hush puppies for you...

Old 06-08-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Love your excitement! We'll try to save a shrimp burger or two and some hot hush puppies for you...
Oh yes!! I can't wait.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:02 PM

Whoop! Less than a month now! We're excited,but we know it will go by way too fast.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:29 AM

1,681 posts, read 6,033,192 times
PSST! A little El's secret. They have the best milk shakes!!
But don't tell anyone!
Bill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina