Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2013, 10:05 PM

232 posts, read 475,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
Is Belk the one that doesn't have air conditioning? I always heard there was one but I can't rememeber which.
that was the one, but they finally put window units in about 5 years ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 01:28 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,105,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Community Input Needed for Community Brand

Fill out this survey to tell leaders how you feel about Greenville.

City of Greenville, NC
They ask some tough questions. It would be interesting to see the results.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:18 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,262,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
Is Belk the one that doesn't have air conditioning? I always heard there was one but I can't rememeber which.
All of them now are air conditioned and tobacco free. They got it easy now

Old 03-16-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
They ask some tough questions. It would be interesting to see the results.
I was surprised and pleased to see them ask those questions. We need an honest and true picture of Greenville to help us improve and grow.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:38 PM

I drove on Reade Circle today, and the Bankruptcy building is still going through site prepping. It didn't look like demo has officially started for Georgetown Commons yet.

I tell ya, Reade Circle is going to be a nice little road once those projects are completed. Marathon/Thai 360 area is just screaming to get redeveloped.

I wonder if the lower parking lot at BB&T (right at the corner of Reade & Cotanche) would ever get developed? It is all owned by BB&T so I assume not, but it would be nice to increase the density around this area.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:19 AM

232 posts, read 475,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
I drove on Reade Circle today, and the Bankruptcy building is still going through site prepping. It didn't look like demo has officially started for Georgetown Commons yet.

I tell ya, Reade Circle is going to be a nice little road once those projects are completed. Marathon/Thai 360 area is just screaming to get redeveloped.

I wonder if the lower parking lot at BB&T (right at the corner of Reade & Cotanche) would ever get developed? It is all owned by BB&T so I assume not, but it would be nice to increase the density around this area.
I thought the lower lot at the corner was owned by the bicycle store. I'm sure for the right price a person would love to buy that. its a great location for development

Old 03-17-2013, 01:45 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
I saw workers tearing out some of the interiors of Georgetown a few days ago; perhaps doing prep-work for the demo?

Old 03-17-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
I thought the lower lot at the corner was owned by the bicycle store. I'm sure for the right price a person would love to buy that. its a great location for development
Nope, that parking lot on the corner is owned by BB&T. Actually the Bicycle Post doesn't own their building. Don Edwards, who runs UBE, owns it and other properties.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
I saw workers tearing out some of the interiors of Georgetown a few days ago; perhaps doing prep-work for the demo?
I think so. It looked like maybe a bunch of gutting. But no big boom knock down.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:58 PM

145 posts, read 266,735 times
It was a good decision for the City to not continue with the Evans streetscape project because once people get to the Reade Circle and Evans Street intersection they can spread out to which direction they need to go by going on Reade Circle. I think with all this development on Evans, soon they will start developing shops and mixed use projects like the Georgetown Commons project down the road and I could defiantly see that becoming the main road into Uptown.

Also, has anyone else been near the hospital recently? The new children's hospital is basically giving Vidant a whole new look! Its almost finished on the outside and the hospital is starting to finally look like the modern and innovative hospital it is. It gives that area a whole new image and it is great for that to be one of the first things you see when you drive into Greenville from 264
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina