Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2011, 11:26 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times

Advertisements

by the way thank you for keeping this thread afloat and for making it the most replied thread in the costal carolina category. And in just a few more views we will have the most views in the costal carolina thread too. So once again thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 11:59 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithuania View Post
Ironically, there is an article in the Reflector about the mall tenants shifting. Apparently Lane Bryant and Gap are leaving the mall and being replaced by other stores.

Wonder if those two stores, along with Kirklands, will end up at 11 Galleria.
Even though I don't shop there, those are two good stores. Something tells me "Rims Inc" will replace it

Old 01-22-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
You have to give Greenville time. These are extremely trying times for CRE (commercial real estate). I don't think there are many (if any, I couldn't find any on Google) malls under construction in the United States at this time.

The trend in malls lately has been to build exactly what Greenville has at Galleria 11. Larger stand alone stores all grouped together. I know it seems kinda strange but this is actually how it used to be done before they started putting roofs on top.

Greenville's demographics aren't the best in the world either. A small population coupled with below average incomes and a high unemployment and poverty rate doesn't exactly get the people at Macy's all excited.
But I am looking at it as a "regional shopping center". All the mid/upper class folks in the surrounding area. Of course people in Wilson, the halfway mark between here and Raleigh, would go to Raleigh. But the Washingtons, Kinstons, MHC etc could come here.

We're already the regional hub for many other things. I think we could pull in a few of these stores. But it would take convincing.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
by the way thank you for keeping this thread afloat and for making it the most replied thread in the costal carolina category. And in just a few more views we will have the most views in the costal carolina thread too. So once again thanks!
I remember when I found this thread through a random Google search. I was happy that people liked to keep up with Greenville as much as I do.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:09 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
the recession is pretty much over (economic wise) so those stores shouldn't take too much time to fill.
I'm not too sure where you heard that but they had better take a look at state and local government revenues, unemployment, lending, commercial and residential real estate... A million different indicators are still in the trash and getting worse. The only reason General Motors is still in business was the concessions they got from labor and credits earned at bankruptcy. They are still loosing in excess of $2,000 on every car sold.

The only "recovery" has been in the financial sectors and they have only resumed transferring money from the poor and middle class to the upper class.

If the economy is doing so good why does the Federal Reserve continue to stimulate it at a rate of abour $150 billion a month with little to no results in the real world?

Old 01-22-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
I remember when I found this thread through a random Google search. I was happy that people liked to keep up with Greenville as much as I do.
I know right! lol there was nothing to find out recent development in greenville so I made this thread, I was like the only one posting at 1st though..smh but now it's a GREAT thread, that's why I'm thanking you and everyone else for keeping this way!

but if you look at the economy it's def a rebound, unemployement, number of homes being built, construction on stores offices, and etc is good money now at least compared to last year. It's even evident in greenville, construction has picked back up a lot! lol but it is true, our governments are in a ****hole and they will be like this for a LONG time so there isn't really too much hope for them to make a true profit in a LONG time, we've been in debt since we became a nation.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:52 PM

232 posts, read 475,121 times
update on the new east coast wings. its only going to be a "to go" restaurant. i was thinking how small it would have been.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:21 AM

451 posts, read 1,914,389 times
The stores leaving Greenville Mall are going to be replaced...sounds like they are going to be replaced by at least regional if not national chains. Article also stated that Bath and Body Works and Foot Locker were expanding their spaces.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:29 PM

idk why footlocker is expanding..they don't get that many sales, at least I didn't think they did.

but I totally agree, the stores leaving will be replaced MOST LIKELY with better stores. I hope greenville wouldn't downgrade like that..

Old 01-23-2011, 03:12 PM

The Children's hospital should begin construction in June. It will be four floors at 77,000sqft. It will/can eventually become six floors. It will house a theater and have an aquatic theme
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina