Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2007, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 4,671 times

Advertisements

Greetings from the UK!

My situation is this:

I'm an American, living in the UK,(for the last 3 yrs),and married to a British citizen and we are moving to Wilmington, NC.

Before I was married I lived in Wilmington for about 5 years, so I'm roughly familier with the general area to some degree...

I do have family there, in fact the main reason for moving back is that my Dad is in poor health...and I miss him and the rest of my family...

Of course my family will endeavour to help as much as they can but we are trying to do as much 'research' as possible from over here.

We hope to be back in the states asap, which means, hopefully within 2-3 months, depending on how the immigration stuff goes.

Questions re: housing i.e places to rent...
Any (new) housing 'complexes' in decent areas which rents for a 2 BR around the $500-700 mo. rent?
Preferably not in a 'flood prone' area, and with the basic amenities like pool etc.

I really would love to get a 3 BR for that amount but I'm sure I'm dreaming!

Before I moved, I lived in a quaint little place called, 'Chateau Terrace Apartments', which we will definately check out...

Some of my family reside in the 'Ogden' area and the others are close to the UNCW area.

My husband & I would ideally like to find somewhere in the middle to be close to everyone.

Are there any places to definately stay away from?

Here in the UK, we have a thriving chocolate fountain hire business, (www.chocolatejoy.co.uk) (broken link), which we are reluctant to leave behind but...

Another question:
Does anyone think Wilmington is chocolate fountain-ed out?
Has the craze gone away or do you think there is room for a fun chocolate fountain hire company?

Are there any radio stations, (christian preferred) hiring for a experienced DJ/presenter, with a fab British accent?

Sure, I know we need to do our part, i.e. reading the classifieds like everyone else, and we are doing just that...but, it doesn't hurt to put the word out

OK, I'm done now...in case anyone is even still reading this post!
but...lots of questions, and 'so little time'...

Thanks alot for taking the time to read all of this and any ideas/suggestions etc would be really appreciated!

Cheers,
Kelly (the American)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 05:34 AM

197 posts, read 958,560 times
Go to Wilmington Real Estate - Wrightsville Beach Real Estate - Intracoastal Realty Corporation and go to "long term rentals." I think for what you are looking for, you'll be paying $900 to $1000 a month minimum unless you luck up. I think Laney real estate also has long term rentals.

The only chocolate fountain I have seen is a small one someone bought for a small party. This place does lots of party rentals: Weddings in Wilmington, NC | Party Suppliers & Rentals | linen, tablecloth rentals nationwide | Fine china rentals - Special Events | Party Linens | Tablecloths | Chair covers | Feather Banners | China | Glassware | Tents | Tables | Dance floors | Et
I'm sure they would know if there is anything like that here and maybe price ranges if you decide to bring business here. Good luck

Old 07-28-2011, 06:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,293 times
my dream is to go to america and visit alot of places one of which is Wilmington does any one no how i would get there from England every travel website i have been on they dont do flights to there could someone plz help?? x

Old 07-28-2011, 06:26 AM

805 posts, read 2,006,299 times
Kayla......

American Airlines goes there with 1 stop in Chicago

British Airways goes there with 1 stop in Chicago ( partner with Delta )

US Airways goes there with 1 stop in Philadelphia

KLM goes there with 1 stop in Atlanta ( partner with Delta )

There are quite a few more.....

You can start by going to www.orbitz.com "almost" all flights to EVERYWHERE are listed there.... easy to navigate the site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina