Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:03 PM

20 posts, read 79,649 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information about Ahoskie,NC?
I am a helthcare professional considering moving to that area, I enjoy rural living and small towns.
Any comments???

Thank you.
Solis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 01:59 PM

6 posts, read 43,296 times
hello my wife is also in the healthcare field, my mother lives about 15 min away from ahoskie,they do have some nursing homes and hospitals,my wife is with kindred healthcare so she can transfer her job.alot of kindred all over nc, we are relocating there ourselves, We have done alot of research.It will be either greenville nc or rocky mount,so far you can go into there news paper Reflector.com which will take you into many sites for jobs and also careerbuilder.com my wife has found a great dael on those sites.Ahoskie is not bad that is where we go when we visit my mother.as far as jobs it is trying to move upscale,the pay is not very good in the ahoskie area or what research we have done so far,the better paying jobs for medical are greensboro,greenville,some in rocky mount area.We are relocating in about 2 weeks or so, My wife has already had job offers,hoping to transfer.But??? your bigger cities pay better and live on the outskirt of town.hope i was some help.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:48 PM

Hello just to let you know some info here,As i said before.My wife is in the medical field,
she can work in almost every state with her degree,But since north carolina does not
resipitate with any other state.She has to take her state test,and also pay to take their state test, which luckly is not high.So you need to get ahold of the state health dept.
heres some info. that might help..North Carolina Nurse Aide I and Health Care Personnel Registry also 19198553969 phone..
Hope this will help

Old 04-16-2008, 03:51 PM

parkerIcp again,that site above will take you into lpn,lvn,R.N. ect QMA,QMT
hope this helped ya a bit.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:47 PM

20 posts, read 79,649 times
Thank you for all your information, I wish you and your wife the best of luck.
Actually, the lisences I have they are valid in any stateI don't have to woory in that area.
What I was most interested was in finding accommodation in the area, I need to rent a small house or apartment for at least a year, I prefer something furnished but I can take any offers under consideration.

Thanks again,

Solis

Old 04-29-2008, 07:55 AM

22 posts, read 70,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soliscfpp View Post
Does anyone have any information about Ahoskie,NC?
I am a helthcare professional considering moving to that area, I enjoy rural living and small towns.
Any comments???

Thank you.
Solis
I just moved here a month ago, and I have to say this is quite possibly one of the worst places I have ever been in in my life. There is no work in my field (web development), and even teh employment commission flat out said there's no work here... so right now I have to commute 90 minutes to my job. The town is economically depressed and as someone else mentioned on this forum, they are incredibly complacent and fear change and progress, it seems. It has a population of only about 5,000, yet it is the biggest town between Elizabeth City and Roanoke Rapids that I know of (which are about 3 hours apart!)... Everywhere you go, you will see commercial building that just closed down. Everything looks rundown and it's hard to tell what's still open and what's not. It also doesn't help that I live with a bunch of crazy people, but that's a different story!

For you, work might be rather easy to find since there is a hospital and quite a few medical facilities in the area. Though I can't say that if you live in town you're dealing more with suburbia than you are with rural...

Last edited by nosebleed; 04-29-2008 at 08:12 AM..

Old 09-30-2009, 09:26 PM

3 posts, read 8,649 times
Thumbs up Sad, but true

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosebleed View Post
... I have to say this is quite possibly one of the worst places I have ever been in in my life... The town is economically depressed and as someone else mentioned on this forum, they are incredibly complacent and fear change and progress, it seems...
I can appreciate your candor... and the fact that you probably held back a bit. The leadership in this place consists of either a bunch of locals that are fighting for "power" or a few imports that could care less about our progress. As soon as I am able, I am getting the heck out of here.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:09 PM

610 posts, read 3,015,655 times
Ahoskie is the epitome of the infamous "Good Ole Boy System", which is prevalent in many towns in eastern NC.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:19 PM

610 posts, read 3,015,655 times
I drove through Ahoskie once and I can tell that many people in the town are essentially racist. I stopped at Bojangles to get a chicken biscuit and someone working in the back put a plastic wrapper inside my biscuit.

On a side note, what does everyone do for fun in that town?

Old 04-15-2013, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,027 times
Ahoskie sucks the only reason i come to this dreadfull place is because unfortunantly i work there. My suggestion is to try rocky mount or greenville. Far as ahoskie goes ive been around it all my life. The longer i stay here the dumber i feel. The school systems have the 3rd lowest sat scores in the state and all the teachers are idiot and so are most of the students also. This is the reason im moving to ilinois to get out of thos crack infested town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina