Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 08:32 AM

450 posts, read 2,325,677 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if there is a reputable, safe drop-in daycare or child center in the Brunswick County area, or North Myrtle Beach area, or Wilmington?

For mothers who don't need a scheduled daycare but occasionally want or need to drop their child off for a couple of hours while running errands and let them take part in activities with other children, etc?

I know there are some in larger cities but I never had any experience in using them, looks like one would be very helpful now for a 3 year old....but not only is it hard to find one being new to the area and not around other parents, it's hard to know how to trust that if I do find one, it's safe and reliable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 01:54 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,560,925 times
There are a couple places I know if in Wilmington but I can't seem to remember what the names are.... I will get back to you about that.....

Old 11-20-2007, 01:58 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,560,925 times
Here is a couple that I know and their might be more. I haven't used them but I had other moms that used Play date drop in Child Care...

Kids at Play
Preschool Center and Drop-In Child Care
Leland, NC
910 383-3919
Interactive preschool programs that cater to each child's individual learning styles.
Drop off your child while you run errands or enjoy some quiet time.
or
Play Date Drop-In Child Care
228 Old Eastwood Rd. Suite A-2
Wilmington, NC 28403
791-7575
playdatedropin@earthlink.net
Mon-Wed
8:30am-6:30pm
Thurs-Sat
8:30am-10:30pm
Ages: 1-12yrs
Before school
After school
Provides snacks
Accreditations: Wendy Kennedy, RN, owner and operator
or
Nanny-On-Call
Wilmington, NC
632-9454
Nanny-On-Call (http://tinyurl.com/aqn9u - broken link)
Full time, part time or occasional sitting service
State licensed professional caretaker

Good Luck... I hope this helps

Old 02-13-2008, 05:29 PM

2 posts, read 12,651 times
There is a new drop-in center, The Kid Center, opening in North Myrtle Beach in March. It's in the shopping plaza beside Barefoot Landing. I'm looking forward to checking out the Grand Opening on March 15th and I'll report back.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:45 AM

2 posts, read 12,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momathome View Post
There is a new drop-in center, The Kid Center, opening in North Myrtle Beach in March. It's in the shopping plaza beside Barefoot Landing. I'm looking forward to checking out the Grand Opening on March 15th and I'll report back.
Ok, we went to the Grand Opening and it was alot of fun. My 3 year old daughter loved the place and didn't want to leave. They have an indoor slide and ball pit, a large craft area, puppets, dress up area, dolls, etc. All the employees were really nice. They gave us a goody bag with a coupon for a free hour so we went back last week and my daughter, Anna, stayed for an hour and a half. She talked about it all day after we left. My anniversary is coming up and I'm planning to take her there so my husband and I can have some time alone.

I recommend it to anyone, our experiences have been great.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:41 AM

24 posts, read 123,887 times
Wow! Thanks for the question because I also was wondering about this. We are relocating to Wilmington in May. I currently live in Fort Hood where we have drop in child care offered on post. That I love! I was worried I was going to have to drag my kids to all my doctor appts. etc... when we move to NC.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:45 AM

Is there a web site for the kid center? Thanks!

Old 03-30-2008, 11:47 AM

Never mind I finally found it.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:18 PM

2 posts, read 18,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
Here is a couple that I know and their might be more. I haven't used them but I had other moms that used Play date drop in Child Care...

Kids at Play
Preschool Center and Drop-In Child Care
Leland, NC
910 383-3919
Interactive preschool programs that cater to each child's individual learning styles.
Drop off your child while you run errands or enjoy some quiet time.
or
Play Date Drop-In Child Care
228 Old Eastwood Rd. Suite A-2
Wilmington, NC 28403
791-7575
[EMAIL="playdatedropin@earthlink.net"]playdatedropin@earthlink.net[/EMAIL]
Mon-Wed
8:30am-6:30pm
Thurs-Sat
8:30am-10:30pm
Ages: 1-12yrs
Before school
After school
Provides snacks
Accreditations: Wendy Kennedy, RN, owner and operator
or
Nanny-On-Call
Wilmington, NC
632-9454
Nanny-On-Call (http://tinyurl.com/aqn9u - broken link)
Full time, part time or occasional sitting service
State licensed professional caretaker

Good Luck... I hope this helps
PLAY DATE is great - they were the 1st one's here and really started the genre - everyone else is a copy cat.
Great location - clean and friendly with 6 other locations in the state.
Owner is a pediatric nurse and loves kids. Only $7 an hour or less with packages.
[URL="http://www.goplaydate.com"]www.goplaydate.com[/URL]

Old 11-13-2008, 02:30 PM

5 posts, read 35,922 times
Only problem I ever found with drop in child care - if you are using it on a business day - lots of the kids are sick or are just getting over something. If your usualy dayacre makes them stay out for 2 days after having a fever but the parents have to go to work and the child seems fine.... they take them to the drop in since they don't ask for medical records. Also you never know if the other children are vaccinated..... but that's me being a paranoid mom. I have used them before, if your child socializes with new kids easily then you should be fine. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina