Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 08:36 PM

3 posts, read 5,893 times

Advertisements

I am a mother of 5 children. I love kids, but I don't love taking care of kids 12 hours a day, but I need an income and also be able to stay home with my children. I am considering opening an in-home preschool in the next few months. I would love to hear what your thoughts on this would be.

The plan is NOT to be a daycare..but a preschool where the kids will learn and have fun at the same time. Class schedule is as follows: Mon-Wed-Fri: 9am-11:30pm and from 12:30pm-2pm. And then the same times on Tue-Thur classes. It will NOT be a "drop-in" daycare at all...as you will register for the class and there will be a complete curriculum to follow.

I have a large room that will be completely dedicated to the preschool, decorated with fun learning tools and little tables and have a huge backyard for a lot of running and playing and exploring nature. I have plenty of room on my property to eventually, when I get more classes and have more teachers to teach the classes, to build an actual pre-school facility so it's separate from my home.

Again, Not just ANYONE can drop their kids off. Do you ladies see a need for this in the Brunswick area? Will only be open to children from 2-5(until they start kindergarten)

I also want to market to the hispanics in the area, especially the ones who don't speak much english and their kids don't speak english. To prepare them for kindergarten by helping them learn english. That way, they won't go to kindergarten and NOT succeed because they are trying to learn the language rather than the material. I know some spanish and am learning more and more. My hopes are to become bilingual. My children are bilingual as my husband speaks Spanish.

Please let me know what you think, good or bad. I still have many questions to find answers to before I actually do this...Any insight would be helpful!

Also, how do you think this would compare to opening a "drop-in" daycare.

Thanks
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLily7 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a reputable, safe drop-in daycare or child center in the Brunswick County area, or North Myrtle Beach area, or Wilmington?

For mothers who don't need a scheduled daycare but occasionally want or need to drop their child off for a couple of hours while running errands and let them take part in activities with other children, etc?

I know there are some in larger cities but I never had any experience in using them, looks like one would be very helpful now for a 3 year old....but not only is it hard to find one being new to the area and not around other parents, it's hard to know how to trust that if I do find one, it's safe and reliable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 01:43 PM

11 posts, read 25,944 times
I have used Kids At Play and had a pleasant experience. Good luck!

Old 01-05-2011, 02:04 PM

31 posts, read 124,006 times
Kiddin' Around on College Road, Wilmington is another one. Also, Carolina Gymnastics does a "parents night out" which the kids love.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:22 PM

4 posts, read 4,725 times
Default hello

I know its been a while since your post however i'm new to this area as well and i have worked for many years with children. i'm looking for work and or a few hrs anythime. If you think you woud want to talk let me know. I have a grand daughter that is 2 and i'm horrified of day cares. I'm 41 years old single and have 2 children my son is 14 and my daughter is a USM at camp legune.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina