Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 08:22 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,399,885 times

Advertisements

bring the vegetarinism and hippie ways here and join in.

wilmington is contrary to one poster a very vegetarian friendly city.
my husband is a vegetarian of 37 years, we know.
you can find houses in wilmington on lots sized around a half acre, we live on two
acres on the outskirts of town
and do not feel cramped.
we love the much more relaxed feel of wilmington compared to charlotte where we
moved from. lots of cool people and places .

the one thing about castle hayne is that it is a very mixed use area, they are fighting
to not be overrun by commercial [ dirty] businesses, I would stay away from there for now.

quite a few organic farms , easy enough to find farm fresh food, lots of artistic
folks aboung due to the strong presence of theatre and the film industry.
castle street area downtown has lots of great happenings and energy , people are working
to make a difference.

thruthfully wilmington is a great city/town but can get very rural 30 minutes drive out of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 11:27 AM

2 posts, read 2,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieMom06 View Post
Hi everyone! I am on a search to find a location to move my family to in a few years (4-5) and I keep getting lots of "stay out of this area" advice here on city-data every time I start a new post about a place. I was trying not to post (rather, I read existing posts because there are so many) but I can't find any info on Castle Hayne, NC.

What I am looking for is a nice, small town in the south, preferably in North/South Carolina or northeast Florida. I came across Castle Hayne but can't find anything about the place!!! Any information would be appreciated!! Thank you
Hi HippieMom

I live pretty close to Castle Hayne. I've been here in NC for about 15 years. One year in Hampstead and the rest in a very small town 25 minutes from Wilmington. My town is rural and we have a population of under 300 people in town but many more around the area. I'm from up north or a Yankee say down here. I love it here and would not want to live anywhere else. Yes my area is rural but don't let that scare you off. The people here are wonderful and its a great place to raise kids. I was worried that people would not except us here but I was wrong. My neighbors are very friendly and come over to talk, bring me plants for my garden etc. We have a very active community with a lot of activities for the family. I am still only 25 minutes from downtown Wilmington and the beach. I would look at Wilmington but also do a search for up to 30 miles outside of that area. Maybe look at Burgaw, Kelly, Atkinson or Rocky Point.
Oh and Yes we have recycling and trash pick-up. Every week for trash and every other Wed for the recycling.

Last edited by Wilmingtongrl; 07-23-2011 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: Yes on the recycling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina