Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2011, 08:27 PM

5 posts, read 12,366 times

Advertisements

I am applying for a position at the Coast Guard base in Elizabeth City. My family has lived in Jacksonville and New Bern before, but I need to know more about areas close to Elizabeth City. My kids are not in school anymore, but I am still concerned about safety of neighborhoods, crime, break-ins, noise in the street at all hours, etc. I would like to live in a small community or rural area, but have not seen any homes for sale on Realtor.com that fill that bill. Maybe there are not many on the market that are not in the city proper.

Is there any part of Elizabeth City that is pretty safe and quiet? Anything else you can tell me about it? I live in South Carolina now. I know about the weather and the smaller selections for shopping, etc, but I am mainly wanting to know about living there from a security aspect. In short, if your cousin or friend was moving there, where would you direct them to and where would you steer them away from? Thanks.

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/north...#ixzz1EwC4j8xK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 12:12 PM

5 posts, read 11,003 times
I'm sorry no one replied to your post. My husband worked at the EC airstation & we have lived in Moyock for the last 8yrs. He timed the commute @ 30min to be at his desk. It makes a perfect L of 30min East of EC & 30 min South of Chesapeake, VA's Greenbiar mall area. EC has some nice areas, but most of them seem to be surrounded by areas of high crime. It is not a safe place to be after dark. Although downtown is nice it is small consisting of about 4 x 4 city blocks. We love Moyock because of the great school systems, low crime, neighbors that care, big backyards/lots, closer to beaches, rural living within 30 of city living. If you want something closer Camden & Edenton are also nice, but make the commute to hospitals, Malls, businesses more difficult. Hope this info doesn't find you too late
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina