Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:55 PM

48 posts, read 219,169 times

Advertisements

Avon Lake has all of three pharmacies - Drug Mart has been on Moore and Walker for eons, CVS is in the Learwood Square, and Walgreen's has been at Town Center for around 10 years. As for strip malls, there hasn't been a new one in Avon Lake in a decade - there are four main shopping center - Learwood (Lear/Walker), Landings and Town Center (83 and Walker), and Drug Mart Plaza (Moore and Walker. Now Avon is another story all together, with a proliferation of retail over the past decade. Too many people confuse the two towns or think that everything north of 90 is Avon Lake, when the RR tracks are the true dividing line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 07:21 AM

216 posts, read 641,133 times
Hands down, Avon Lake has the BEST schools. The people here are very friendly and down-to-earth. Avon Lake high school is ranked in the top 10 (I think it was top 10) high schools in the COUNTRY. My son loves it here (he is in 8th grade and goes to Learwood Middle School) and so do I. Bay Village is full of snobby people and it costs more.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:23 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,629,374 times
I've never read a publication that had Avon Lake HS in the top 10. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's doubtful. Both have good schools though.

I actually think Avon Lake has more wealthy people now a days... so calling Bay Village more snoody is just rude.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:29 PM

216 posts, read 641,133 times
I wasn't trying to be rude, it's just my experience that people over there behave, well, snobbishly. Is that a word? LOL Anyway.. Both Bay Village and Avon Lake high schools have a 10 out of 10 rating on greatschools.net which is where I go to get school info.

I read the sign outside the high school at the beginning of the year and it said Avon Lake High was rated in the top something.. I just can't recall what exactly it said. I think it said top 10? Maybe in Ohio?

Old 12-10-2009, 07:19 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,679,952 times
OK New rule. If the original poster hasn't replied in two weeks then the thread must not be bumped anymore.
lol
What IS with people starting a thread and never returning? Never seen that as much anywhere as I have at C-D.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,998 times
Default County is important

Both cities are very nice....but one is Cuyahoga County(thinks lot's of taxes and more to come because Cleveland in this county) and one is in Lorain County (less taxes).....

Old 12-11-2009, 01:40 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,679,952 times
PLEASE NOTE THIS THREAD WAS STARTED ON JULY 29th.

I doubt the original poster is coming back here......

Old 01-08-2010, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,841 times
Hi, Message to the author... Everyone in the above posts are confusing avon and avon lake. Avon lake has a better education then both Bay and Avon. Avon is the crowded new upcoming city. Avon lake has been a comfortable relaxed and enjoy everything city. I am a teen and i would rather live in Avon Lake then any of the cities around. Besides its the only nice city in Lorain County. Also if your family is Christians or just likes a family friendly environment, you will get on in Avon Lake. I no longer go to Avon Lake but i did for 8 years of my life and i would recommend it for family friendly over any public school i have seen/visited.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:08 PM

3 posts, read 8,512 times
I would go with Bay Village

Old 01-09-2010, 10:36 PM

420 posts, read 1,041,811 times
Default did u k ?

Electric Blvd. was plotted out as a true Electric Railroad , from the 1920's
the great deppresion once again stopped Metro Cleveland , Avon and Avon Lake were always meant to be Cleveland suburbs , It is a fact , as it is now get over ur self , Great education , thank your parents , that u did grow up where u did
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparto5n34 View Post
Hi, Message to the author... Everyone in the above posts are confusing avon and avon lake. Avon lake has a better education then both Bay and Avon. Avon is the crowded new upcoming city. Avon lake has been a comfortable relaxed and enjoy everything city. I am a teen and i would rather live in Avon Lake then any of the cities around. Besides its the only nice city in Lorain County. Also if your family is Christians or just likes a family friendly environment, you will get on in Avon Lake. I no longer go to Avon Lake but i did for 8 years of my life and i would recommend it for family friendly over any public school i have seen/visited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland