Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 10:10 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,651,042 times

Advertisements

I wanted to see what people think about this little feud in Cleveland.I mean Im East side fo life but its all good with the west side too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2007, 12:53 PM

93 posts, read 644,028 times
I dont think that there is a fued. I am from the west side and my boyfriend is from the east side. I got him to come to the west side after I tried to do the east side. The east side is so confusing, its hard to get places. Where the west side there are highways close by everywhere you go, stores are off main streets and just not so hard. I know more about the west side because Ive been here my whole life, so of course I would pick the west side over the east.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:49 AM

332 posts, read 2,251,688 times
As Pinipeanut knows I'm east side through and through. Its funny though, alot of people I know never go to the West side except the westbank of the Flats, the airport or Cedar Point. When u think about it both sides have the smae stuff except the East has all the good stores and museums. I will say the West side doesn't have a huge abandoned section like Fairfax and Central on the east side, though thats changing. I like the westpark, Ohio City and Tremont 'hoods on the west side. Pinipeanut, what 'hoods on the east do you like? C-town, what hoods on the west do you like?

Old 04-01-2007, 10:52 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,651,042 times
I like all of Cleveland's hoods, I rep The Land to the fullest especially St. Clair.Right now Im not in Cleveland cause I ain't old enough to move so Im out in Colorado right now.But I am staying out in C-Town for June,July,and the earlier part of August.I've only been away from Cleveland for a year and a half but I still have 2 and a half years before I can permenatly move back probably to a neighborhood on the East Side.And the hood I like on the west side the most is Tremont.Cleveland has the best houses ever.Alot of them were built before 1930.Plus despite all the troubles in Cleveland we still have world class atractions way way way better than alot of places.Ohio is way way way better than Colorado.In fact I don't like anything about Colorado.Im Eastside Cleveland for Life.North Collinwood.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:18 PM

332 posts, read 2,251,688 times
Why don't u like Colorado? I've never been there so I would like to know.

I guess its just perception more so than anything else between the sides. Both are pretty much the same. But I guess the city kindof developed like two seperate cities with a common downtown.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:18 AM

93 posts, read 644,028 times
On the east side I like the coventry area. I go out there sometime. I lived in Willoughby Hills for a year, it was ok. What I dont like is that all the stores closed at 9, so when I got home from work and didnt go grocery shopping Id have to drive forever just to get to an open store! There are a lot of areas on the west side that are going down, but that is why I am leaving. People cant afford to keep their neighborhoods nice anymore. I also am going to have to agree with CTownNative on Colorado. I hate it too! I cant take the air though so I am sick the whole time that I am there. I have family there and used to go there every year. Thank God I got old enough to where I dont have to go anymore!

Old 04-02-2007, 06:58 AM

1,408 posts, read 4,861,112 times
Of the places I lived in Cleveland, both E. and W. sides, the area I liked best was Little Italy. It felt safe, with a healthy sense of community. And of course the restaurants & pizzerias there are second to none.

Spent time in Lakewood and Cleve. Hts. too, which are both attractive areas w/some nice older homes, but I really didn't feel I fit in as well in those places.

The West Side really has the best access to L. Erie though, and that's worth A LOT!!!

Old 04-04-2007, 02:27 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
I remember a column from the PD Magazine about 25 years ago, on the theme of "Real Clevelanders" don't do this or do that ...

Real Clevelanders don't cross the Cuyahoga.

If I were moving back, though, I'd move to the West Side.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:44 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,861,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I remember a column from the PD Magazine about 25 years ago, on the theme of "Real Clevelanders" don't do this or do that ...

Real Clevelanders don't cross the Cuyahoga.

If I were moving back, though, I'd move to the West Side.
That reminds me of another column that appeared in the PD Mag, maybe 15 yrs. ago when the show Cheers was at the height of its popularity.

In this article, among many other differences between the E. and W. sides that were explored, the writer concluded that if Cheers were set in Cleveland, Sam, Norm, Cliff and Carla would all be from the West Side. Dr. Frasier Crane & his wife Lilith would be East Siders!

Why I waste valuable brain-bandwidth remembering stuff like this? ...that's another story

Old 04-04-2007, 02:50 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
^^^That makes total sense!

*sigh* I do miss the PD Magazine ... I remember another column about Clevelandese, one of the curiosities being the phrase "going golfing" vs. "going to play golf"; the rationale was "you don't say you're 'going to play bowl,' do you?" Heh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland