Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 05:04 PM

18 posts, read 65,923 times

Advertisements

EAst side has a few more bad areas, but at the same time many good, upscales areas.
West side , mostly is fine. Westlake is one of the few upscale areas in west side.
This is in Cuyahoga county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2007, 04:03 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,652,142 times
I don't like Colorado because there is too many non english speakers,not very many African Americans,and the blacks that are in Colorado don't speak ebonics,cause Im white but I speak ebonics too,they ain't even got any ghettos out here,I miss riding past street corners in Cleveland and you see like 30 people hustlin.Let me just say this Cleveland>Colorado Springs.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:09 AM

93 posts, read 644,098 times
I love reading your posts CTownNative. They always make me laugh. How old are you?

Old 04-22-2007, 10:01 AM

22 posts, read 120,825 times
Oh Colorado is not so bad, CT you just happen to live in the most non-diverse conservative city in the state. Please don't judge the entire state based on Colorado Springs.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,569 times
I have to agree with CTOWNNATIVE on being eastside cleveland 4 life. I am in Milwaukee now and I have to admit I HATE IT. Nothing is close like in Cleveland where everything is in walking distance and to drive it would take you a whole hour just to get places. I been living on the EASTSIDE of Cleveland my whole life and I could practily walk that part of town blind. The shops on the westside though are very beautiful as well as the homes over there. I miss Cleveland alot despite all the troubles there that is my hometown where I was born and bred and raised, and as soon as I am finished with this trade school in Milwaukee I am going back to Cleveland back on the EASTSIDE.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:48 PM

765 posts, read 2,128,160 times
I always tell people that ask if Cleveland is the East or the Midwest that the Cuyahoga River is the dividing line. I think the East Side has more of an Eastern flavor, while the West Side has a Midwestern flavor. The two sides of town are more or less equal in terms of what they offer, making it unnecessary for people to travel much between sides. The only exception to this is University Circle with all the cultural institutions and hospitals, which you west siders are forced to cross the river to visit.

There is a Jewish cemetery on the west side of town where many of my relatives are buried. I used to joke with my coworkers that people from the East Side only cross the Cuyahoga when they're dead .

Old 09-27-2011, 11:25 PM

164 posts, read 596,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
I don't like Colorado because there is too many non english speakers,not very many African Americans,and the blacks that are in Colorado don't speak ebonics,cause Im white but I speak ebonics too,they ain't even got any ghettos out here,I miss riding past street corners in Cleveland and you see like 30 people hustlin.Let me just say this Cleveland>Colorado Springs.
"Non English Speakers", "Im white but i speak ebonics too"? Ahhh sweet internet......take me away!

Colorado is excellent as long as you ARE NOT in Colorado Springs. If you want ghettos and porch-sitting, come to Denver or Aurora and you'll feel closer to home. But you are right- the African American community (not recent immigrants from Ethiopia or Somalia) is not the same as in the more eastern states where Chicago was the original post-war source. Colorado Springs is a conservative military town (home of Focus on the Family, the ones who villified Teletubbies a few years ago) that has some history but nothing to compare with Cleveland's past grandeur, I bet. Having billboards and TV channels only in spanish is an eye opener, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland