Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2008, 05:49 AM

5 posts, read 18,496 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. Are there any good bars to watch out of town, non-Browns games? My wife and I are huge football fans (me the Bills and her the Packers). We are moving to Lakewood, Ohio from Charlotte, NC. In Charlotte, everyone is a fan of a team OTHER than the Panthers, so finding your game is fairly easy......in Cleveland, not so much. I actually like the Browns when they aren't up against my Bills. You guys will be prety tough this year.......
Are there any good bars with a mix of fans in the Lakewood, RR,or just westside in general? Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 07:13 AM

1,471 posts, read 3,340,069 times
Charlotte has a lot of transplants, Cleveland, not so much. Thus, you will probably have very little luck finding your games.

Good news is you are located between the 2 cities-maybe you can drive to either for a weekend vacation and take the real game in. Buffalo is actually a pretty quick, easy jaunt.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:09 PM

181 posts, read 838,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clt-cle View Post
Are there any good bars with a mix of fans in the Lakewood, RR,or just westside in general? Thanks...
I don't visit the west side often, but the Winking Lizard has a location on Detroit. They are a local chain; decent number of TVs at the bar; and nice selection of beers. Give them a try at least once and see what you think.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:14 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,340,069 times
try Tremont Taphouse The Tremont Tap House - Home

great food and beer and they seem to show some games

Old 08-15-2008, 05:30 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,632,896 times
Luckily there are tons of bars / sports bars on the westside in Lakewood and Rocky River. I'd suggest just frequenting some of the above mentioned and/or adventure on your own. From there on, if you can't find your game to watch.. just ask one of the bartenders or become friendly with a bar and have them put the game on a TV for you. I've seen it often so I don't think you'd have a problem. Lakewood itself has 120 some odd bars - more than anywhere else in Northeast Ohio. Winking Lizard, Brothers, Around the Corner, Harry Buffalo, Malloys, Paninis, BW3, Rocky River Brewing Co, etc.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:00 PM

1 posts, read 5,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clt-cle View Post
Hey everyone. Are there any good bars to watch out of town, non-Browns games? My wife and I are huge football fans (me the Bills and her the Packers). We are moving to Lakewood, Ohio from Charlotte, NC. In Charlotte, everyone is a fan of a team OTHER than the Panthers, so finding your game is fairly easy......in Cleveland, not so much. I actually like the Browns when they aren't up against my Bills. You guys will be prety tough this year.......

The Buffalo BILLS Backers - Cleveland Chapter has over 150 members. Currently we meet at Geppetto's in Coventry but that may change. log onto [URL="http://www.buffalobills.com"]www.buffalobills.com[/URL] and register to the Cleveland Chapter to receive Bills Backers Info

Thanks

Aaron

Old 08-20-2008, 06:02 PM

17 posts, read 71,892 times
The Winking Lizard In Lakewood on Detroit is a great place to watch football on Sundays. They have ALL the games on. The bartendars there have been there for a long time and they are great!!

Old 02-23-2009, 08:15 PM

6 posts, read 16,118 times
Def. listen to them about the winking lizard! so amny tv's and different things going on. Food and drinks are great too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland