Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 03:39 PM

2 posts, read 21,454 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am moving to Cleveland in July and I am trying to find the best and relatively safe place for a single, young professional female. I do not know many people, only a few and would like to be around people my own age so I can meet new people. I just recently graduated from college and will be working downtown. I am looking at either living downtown (E 4th or the Warehouse District), in Lakewood, or in Cleveland Heights. If you could offer any suggestions or thoughts about these areas I would greatly appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 08:04 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,291,897 times
Welcome!

Here's what I'd recommend:

Downtown -- mix of everything..stadiums, Broadway, theater, concerts, rail lines, recommended areas (Warehouse District, E. 4th, Gateway, Cleveland State University, West Bank Flats)
E. 4th East Fourth Neighborhood: Homepages - "Cleveland's Premiere Downtown Living Destination"
668 Euclid Ave Welcome | The Residences at 668 - Apartments in Cleveland
WT Grant WT Grant Loft Apartments :: Downtown Cleveland, OH Penthouses, Flats, Lofts, Town homes & Studios

Little Italy/University Circle - Cleveland's cultural mecca, museums, music, restaurants, young professionals, rapid train access, rapid bus access (no car needed)

Tremont - 20-30's crowd, art galleries, neighborhood feel, "A Christmas Story" House and Museum
Tremont Place Lofts Tremont Place Lofts, Cleveland Ohio Apartments

Ohio City - Great Lakes Brewery, West Side Market, mix of young, old, and families, neighborhood feel, rail access to Downtown

Coventry - Youngest population (ages 18-28) and furthest away, concerts, bars, restaurants, shopping

Lakewood - 2nd furthest away and mix of EVERYTHING, limited rail access

Shaker Square - direct rail access, stores, restaurants (no car needed)

Old 05-13-2011, 08:30 AM

389 posts, read 805,502 times
I think you will find living in either of those 3 areas will suit you just fine. E.4/Warehouse district will probably be the priciest in your search but still attainable.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:29 AM

2 posts, read 21,454 times
Default Thanks

Thanks so much for all your advice! This is helpful.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:47 PM

101 posts, read 204,281 times
Lakewood or Cleveland Heights. You can take public transportation or its a short drive. West side traffic isn't bad.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:28 PM

246 posts, read 476,674 times
If I had a choice, I would put Little Italy and Lakewood as #1 and #2. Living downtown is fun and it will be very acessable for you with work down there but it has it's draw backs. It depends what you like.

Lakewood and Little Italy are a 10-15 min drive downtown and both have good public transit access to downtown. And Lakewood does have a train stop at W.117th street which is on the border of Cleveland and Lakewood.

Tremont and Ohio City are also nice but they are less isolated from the sketchy neighborhoods they directly border than Lakewood and Little Italy are.

Lots of young professionals live in all of these neighborhoods. Lots of good restaraunts in each and all are quite close to downtown if you chose not to live there.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:38 AM

202 posts, read 368,125 times
I'm just going to go ahead and copy and paste a post I just wrote for someone in a similar situation. Hope it helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

My girlfriend and I are moving into The Residences at 668 between June and July. It's easily the most impressive (and newest) apartment building in downtown Cleveland and the E. 4th area is a great place to hang out. I'm currently in Mentor/Willoughby area and it isn't for me. Maybe when I'm older, but right now I like to be able to walk to bars and use public transit or cabs to get around. Downtown Cleveland has plenty of exciting things going on. With all of the new businesses/restaurants popping up, it's like living in Sim City! I'd highly encourage looking into downtown or the neighborhoods and would be happy to show you around (as I have many others).

In case you couldn't tell by my obnoxious ramblings, I like to encourage young professionals to move into Cleveland proper, so I hope to see you around downtown or one of our awesome neighborhoods!

Cheers,
Joe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland