Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 10:35 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,283,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
I would like to see some pictures of all the new construction.
This photothread has some of the projects happening along Euclid Ave:

Cleveland - University Circle - Euclid Avenue

Hope this gives you a little better idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 10:56 AM

2,554 posts, read 6,901,611 times
Thanks! I saw MOCA will start construction in the next few weeks. I really like the new modern look UC is taking.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:21 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,022,024 times
Thanks, costello_musicman, for your extensive photo-shoot of the University Circle area -- there's so much happening there and so much to be proud of! If possible, please keep everyone posted with additional photos as this area reaches completion.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:22 AM

Thanks motorman,

I must say, I did not take those particular pics, just merely posted a link to the amazing photo tour. I do live in the area however, and I will keep everyone posted with updates and pics.

But I must say, seeing it in person and on foot best shows the progress of what's happening in this part of the city.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:46 PM

More construction in UC:

Cleveland Museum of Natural History to build high-tech, `SmartHome' that stays warm without a furnace

The overall cost of the project will be roughly $525,000, but the three-bedroom, 2,500-square-foot house will be sold at a discounted price of $300,000 to $400,000 to entice an owner willing to live in what amounts to a prototype.

http://blog.cleveland.com/architecture/2011/01/cleveland_museum_of_natural_hi_1.html

Old 02-12-2011, 05:18 PM

They don't have all my listed projects , but still great to see the positive press in the PD:

Fertile ground at University Circle: editorial | cleveland.com

Fertile ground at University Circle: editorial

The daffodils won't begin pushing up for several weeks yet, but there's plenty sprouting out of the ground at University Circle already.

Construction continues on the $150 million mixed-use Uptown project along Euclid Avenue east of Mayfield Road -- 102 apartments and more than 50,000 square feet of retail space should be ready to lease this summer. University Hospitals and the Cleveland Museum of Art continue their expansions. And this week, ground was broken for the Circle's next gem: the Museum of Contemporary Art, at the southeast corner of Mayfield and Euclid.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:39 PM

869 posts, read 1,277,803 times
I can't wait to come back and visit. So much money going into University Circle!

Old 05-30-2011, 01:16 PM

I've finished a nice jog through University Circle today and just gotta say -- completely gorgeous!!

I forget sometimes how beautiful the area really is since I feel like I take it for granted. Today I jogged through Little Italy, down Euclid Ave, around Wade Lagoon, through Wade Oval past the Museum of Art, down Magnolia, East 118 (more condos say "Sold" !), past Uptown construction, MOCA construction, UH Seidman Cancer Center construction, Case Western Campus...back past 27 Coltman, Lakeview Cemetery...

Guys, this area is a complete GEM

Don't forget that!

Old 05-30-2011, 06:18 PM

202 posts, read 367,849 times
Glad to hear it's looking great!

Just as a point of discussion, how is crime in the area? You always hear in the 'burbs horror stories if gang beatings involving students and gang related crime. I'm not disillusioned enough to think NO crime ever happens, but I sincerely doubt it is as bad as some make it out to be. Thoughts?

Either way, glad to hear condos are selling! Were they the new modern ones on Euclid near the rapid stop?

Cheers!
Joe

Old 05-30-2011, 08:44 PM

261 posts, read 588,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEJoe View Post
Glad to hear it's looking great!

Just as a point of discussion, how is crime in the area? You always hear in the 'burbs horror stories if gang beatings involving students and gang related crime. I'm not disillusioned enough to think NO crime ever happens, but I sincerely doubt it is as bad as some make it out to be. Thoughts?

Either way, glad to hear condos are selling! Were they the new modern ones on Euclid near the rapid stop?

Cheers!
Joe
University Circle/Little Italy is arguably (against maybe West Park) the safest neighborhood in Cleveland. I hardly hear of any crime at all that goes there. The only memorable crime I recall hearing about was a rape that occurred near the art museum and that was in 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland