Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 11:42 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,283,509 times

Advertisements

34 more apartments:

Developer buys former disabled-housing property in University Circle, plans overhaul for arts students | cleveland.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 10:40 AM

4,527 posts, read 5,098,565 times
Awesome news. I love the Corner Alley downtown. It is always buzzing with activity (and jam packed on weekends), and is exactly the kind of active entertainment venue (with a pool table and pinball machine along with the lanes, restaurant and sports bar) that compliments and diversifies E. 4th Street; and it's corner location and big windows draws people to E. 4th. I'm sure it will do the same for Uptown, ... and this new version is even bigger!... Can't wait...

Old 07-19-2013, 10:35 AM

More love from the NY Times on UC:

http://travel.nytimes.com/2013/07/21...cleveland.html

Old 07-19-2013, 02:00 PM

2 posts, read 9,299 times
This is a pretty long thread and I don't have time reading all the posts, but has anyone talked about the possibility of building a parking garage or something like that on the field right across from the Lake View Cemetery? That field used to be a surface parking lot for the Cleveland Clinic, but it has been idle for a long time.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:09 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,445,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandEast View Post
This is a pretty long thread and I don't have time reading all the posts, but has anyone talked about the possibility of building a parking garage or something like that on the field right across from the Lake View Cemetery? That field used to be a surface parking lot for the Cleveland Clinic, but it has been idle for a long time.
No. No parking garages. Honestly, we need to stop catering to the auto centric. Making it more difficult to drive is better for the city. Feel free to disagree, but ultimately it's true. Driving sucks in Boston. Result? Densely populated core areas that make the city alive, less horrible suburban sprawl, the areas are all connected, and the city is just overall stronger, healthier, and happier.

On principle, I just have to stand against any new parking lots. Clevelanders need to learn about public transportation. Especially to University Circle, which is greatly served by RTA. There is no reason to totally mess up the area with asphalt atrocities.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:43 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,972,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
No. No parking garages. Honestly, we need to stop catering to the auto centric. Making it more difficult to drive is better for the city. Feel free to disagree, but ultimately it's true. Driving sucks in Boston. Result? Densely populated core areas that make the city alive, less horrible suburban sprawl, the areas are all connected, and the city is just overall stronger, healthier, and happier.

On principle, I just have to stand against any new parking lots. Clevelanders need to learn about public transportation. Especially to University Circle, which is greatly served by RTA. There is no reason to totally mess up the area with asphalt atrocities.
You have your cause and effect reversed.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:49 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,445,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
You have your cause and effect reversed.
One way to make sure we never have good neighborhoods is to build more parking lots. It will kill it before it happens. Not totally reversed. Do you suggest we keep building parking garages and pull investments in public transit and bike lanes, etc.?

Old 07-24-2013, 12:50 PM

220 posts, read 321,855 times
I agree with the whole no parking lot thing and even high way expansions. Probly because the Jefferson/Cudell and West Boulevard neighborhoods where my parents grew up in were cut up and divided by the I-90 highway, plus the fact that I rather have my tax money go in to something I actually use.

Speaking of roads has anyone else heard about the opportunity corridor? It is supposed to create a new pathway to University Circle from I-490. personally I was a little unsure, but it is being described as a boulevard with 13 intersections, which I say is better than another highway.

Opportunity Corridor project in Cleveland gets $29 million for planning | cleveland.com

Old 08-23-2013, 02:11 PM

Nice!

Construction of LIttle Italy-University Circle rapid station could be just months away | cleveland.com

Old 12-21-2013, 02:01 PM

Not new construction, but a huge addition of 95 16th-18th century paintings to the already gem of a cultural attraction:

Cleveland Museum Acquires a Collection of Indian Islamic Art - NYTimes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland