Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,752 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a long term roommate (may consider short term). The roommate’s inclusive monthly cost is $400USD which includes the rent, electric, propane, Star Choice TV, Vonage phone, Telmex phone and internet, gardener, bottled water). My home is within walking distance to Superlake, many restaurants, the plaza, lake and bus. The downstairs bedroom has a small outside sitting area facing the garden. There is a nice size kitchen and comfortable living/dining area and also an upstairs balcony with a mountain view. There is also a washer/dryer, Star Choice TV, Vonage phone and Wi-Fi. Outdoor smoking is permitted and a small dog patrols the property.

San Antonio Tlayacapan is a wonderful village between Ajijic and Chapala. It is very, very safe which as a single woman is important to me. I have often walked home by myself in the evening from the plaza. I enjoy walking to the lake (a wonderful job has been done on the Malecon in San Antonio) and the plaza with my dog and seeing familiar faces and hearing, “Hola, como esta?” The plaza is wonderful; Alphonso and Sylvia (they are right on the corner) have the best tacos and she makes wonderful pozole on Tuesdays. It is a great place to meet the locals, practice your Spanish and just watch the world go by in a wonderful Mexican community. To me another advantage of living here is the proximity to a wonderful Spanish conversational class at El Parque Monday evening and the instructor is fabulous.

I have been concerned sometimes about living by myself and having something happen and nobody might know about it. I think there is a good way to alleviate this concern and that is by having a roommate. Another advantage is that, in this situation, you don’t have to pay first and last month’s rent and security deposit. I am a 63 year young woman from north of Seattle, WA (San Juan Island). I used to manage an oyster farm on the island and that was a unique experience. On the island we had “island” time” which is very close to the concept of ‘manana”. When I retired I saw the handwriting on the wall and knew I would not be able to stay there due to the high cost living. Over 2 years ago I came to Ajijic on a scouting expedition. Everything fell into place and I knew this is where I was going to call home and have been here since August 2008. Some of my interests include: animals, the arts, learning more about the Mexican culture, the language and traveling. My goal is to be able to put a smile on one person’s face everyday. It is easy to do here in Mexico!
Que tenga un buen dia! (Have a good day!)

Contact information:
Local phone: 376-766-1923
Cell: 333-201-7096
Email: [email]sandraspencer@gmail.com[/email]
Please click on the link below for photos.
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/SandraSpencer/HomeToShareInSanAntonio?feat=directlink#"]http://picasaweb.goo...eat=directlink#[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,358 times
Just wondering how old this message is and if you are still looking for a room mate.
Me, 61 years young, dancing female looking to get out of Wisconsin this fall. Love Mexico, spent time there this March visiting a dear Mexican familia, didn't want to come home.
We can exchange allot more info. if you are still looking for company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads