Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 08:22 PM

324 posts, read 659,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonlyLA View Post
Again, it's tit for tat. LA owns and nothing will change that.
Only in your silly head.. I bet you can't name those stores lol... You been playing tit for tat look at all your post on this website.. It too funny lol.. Are you 15 years old???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 08:27 PM

370 posts, read 371,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkspice23 View Post
Only in your silly head.. I bet you can't name those stores lol... You been playing tit for tat look at all your post on this website.. It too funny lol.. Are you 15 years old???
Don't confuse me with your mom.

Ohhhh...buuuuuurn.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:32 PM

324 posts, read 659,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonlyLA View Post
Don't confuse me with your mom.

Ohhhh...buuuuuurn.
Yeah your 15 years old... Goodnight it was fun playing with u.. Let me know what time u going to be on tomorrow so we can play some more

Old 04-26-2010, 08:38 PM

141 posts, read 196,149 times
LOL, why did someone list Vegas and Miami ahead of NYC.

hhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

What shopping store in Vegas or Miami can you not find in NYC?

NYC is the epicenter of material and luxury goods.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:41 PM

370 posts, read 371,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkspice23 View Post
Yeah your 15 years old... Goodnight it was fun playing with u.. Let me know what time u going to be on tomorrow so we can play some more
Awww, shucks! Mommy has to tuck you in bed while she goes into the living room with her girlfriends to watch High School Musical? That's too bad.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:23 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,298,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp1188 View Post
If just going by high-end and luxury clothing/shoes/accessories stores like most people seem to be going by, then I'd say:

1. New York
2. Los Angeles
3. Miami
4. Las Vegas
5. Chicago
6. San Francisco
7. Atlanta
8. Dallas
9. Boston
10. Washington, DC

If encompassing everything such as upscale/luxury stores, vintage, local boutiques, home furnishings, art stores, and "alternative" clothing stores, I'd say:

1. New York
2. Los Angeles
3. Chicago
4. San Francisco
5. Miami
6. Atlanta
7. Las Vegas
8. Boston
9. Washington, DC
10. Dallas
Atlanta should not be ranked as high on the first list. all of the mentioned cities have far more high end shopping options than Atlanta, Even Houston which is not on the list has more high end shopping options. I would definitely say for the 2nd list Atlanta has a better ranking. Also I would rank Houston pretty high as well on the 2nd list. There are a lot of cool stores in Houston for all kinds of needs.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:49 PM

260 posts, read 757,410 times
I'm just throwing out my humble opinion, but I do believe that every major city has excellent shopping opportunities, obviously NYC and LA are in a league of their own, but no-one mentioned Seattle, flagship Nordstrom's, the northwest's center for Macy's, Louis Vuitton(spelling?) Barney's, among others such as Mario's, and let's not forget Bellevue: Jimmy Choo, Nieman Marcus(Needless Mark-up), Hugo Boss, Lacoste, Armani, Burberry, Coach, Hermes, Salvetore Ferragamo, I guess what I'm trying to say is that even though Seattle and Bellevue were not on the list, they still offer world-class shopping, so I think it's safe to say that the argument people are having over which city has the best shopping is unnecessary because every major city offers fantastic shopping.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:56 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,008,520 times
This is ridiculous. Mall of America may be a successful shopping mall but it is just a generic mall like any other in the country except for its size. Its success is mainly because of heavey advertising efforts claiming it's the largest. The store collection is nothing compared to Galleria Houston. Mall of America has stores like Dolla Tree, Best Buy, Marshalls, Old Navy, multiple stores of Lids, GAP, etc. Why do you need to go to a shopping mall for those stores that can be found near Walmart and why do you need tons of those generic stores in a single mall? I will not be surprised if MoA opens a Walmart store inside someday. It IS that cheap. Yes, recently it opened Burberry, GEOX, Christian Audiger, etc. but those very few can't make it a unique shopping experience. Minneapolis' shopping is ordinary at best. It is not even comparable to Somerset Collection of metro Detroit. To compare it with Houston is just a joke. In America, any city without even a Calvin Klein or Ralph Lauren exclusive store, like Minneapolis, should never be favorably mentioned in any topic about shopping. Yes, I know you can always get those brands from the pitiful choices inside Macy's. No, those don't count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Yeah I'm from Houston, trust me as much as I would want to give Houston the edge over Minneapolis, it's simply the truth.

Mall of America generates so much revenue from shoppers who come from across the country.

Last edited by fashionguy; 04-27-2010 at 03:08 AM..

Old 04-27-2010, 03:07 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionguy View Post
This is ridiculous. Mall of America may be a successful shopping mall but it is just a generic mall like any other in the country except for its size. Its success is mainly because of heavey advertising efforts claiming it's the largest. The store collection is nothing compared to Galleria Houston. Mall of America has stores like Dolla Tree, Best Buy, Marshalls, Old Navy, multiple stores of Lids, GAP, etc. Why do you need to go to a shopping mall for those stores that can be found near Walmart and why do you need tons of those generic stores in a single mall? I will not be surprised if MoA opens a Walmart store inside someday. It IS that cheap. Yes, recently it opened Burberry, GEOX, Christian Audiger, etc. but those very few can't make it a unique shopping experience. Minneapolis' shopping is ordinary at best. It is not even comparable to Somerset Collection of metro Detroit. To compare it with Houston is just a joke.
Houston's shopping scene still trails behind Dallas's though.

Despite Mall of America having a larger advertising base compared to Houston's Galleria, it still proves successful for the local economy for Bloomington. And shoppers are still more or less satisfied with their shopping there.

Houston has many great places to shop, even in downtown, with the flagship Macy's location for Houston, and other stores coming up in downtown as well.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:10 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,008,520 times
That I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Houston's shopping scene still trails behind Dallas's though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City