Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I would prefer to live in the following Michigan city...
Ann Arbor 44 69.84%
Detroit 19 30.16%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 09:38 AM

5,985 posts, read 13,140,601 times

Advertisements

The great thing about SE Michigan, is that you have an incredible variety of places. In my opinion, despite Detroits serious problems, the whole regions beniefits from all the parts. Ann Arbors medical, etc. stuff associated with the university does impact the city of Detroit in a positive way.

Both share an airport, etc. If people started considering what the SE Michigan region has collectively, then they could really compete.

The metro Detroit area is a little like the LA area. You can't just look at the downtown of the big city, as the downtown is just one part of the region. You have to consider all the things to do, see, and experience within a 50 mile radius.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 03:57 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,398,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Hipster View Post
Well, about half of Detroit's population is functionally illiterate, so they certainly don't "know it all". They know very, very little in fact.

Detroit | Functionally Illiterate | National Institute for Literacy | The Daily Caller
lmao the saddest part is you all literally believe everything the media tells you smh. Let's see, last year they were saying half of the adults, now its half of the whole population??? get real

Old 05-16-2011, 10:28 PM

35 posts, read 65,766 times
I do like Detroit (well, downtown anyway), but purely for safety reasons I choose Ann Arbor. Though I've never had any problems in either.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:07 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,729,451 times
Detroit? Didn't they wall it off and turn it into a penal colony yet? The place just keeps getting worse.

YouTube - Take Him To Detroit

Old 05-16-2011, 11:08 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,729,451 times
just joking, but If I lived in Michigan I would probably live in the suburbs of Detroit, so Ann Arbor wins.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:35 AM

84 posts, read 90,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
lmao the saddest part is you all literally believe everything the media tells you smh. Let's see, last year they were saying half of the adults, now its half of the whole population??? get real
If it's half of adults, it's obviously more than half the entire population, because the entire population would include people who are too young to have even learned to read.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:38 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,398,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
just joking, but If I lived in Michigan I would probably live in the suburbs of Detroit, so Ann Arbor wins.
Once again A2 is not a suburb of Detroit, the only people who think so are people on here. No one in Detroit area includes A2 in our burbs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City