Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 01:48 PM

44 posts, read 116,580 times

Advertisements

The sunbelt is too hot and sticky. That is why everybody is fat there. They can't go outside because it is to hot to be excersize, so all they do is stay inside the airconditioning and eat fried food. I hate the sun too. The sun is overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 01:52 PM

8,606 posts, read 10,137,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatemorons View Post
The sunbelt is too hot and sticky. That is why everybody is fat there. They can't go outside because it is to hot to be excersize, so all they do is stay inside the airconditioning and eat fried food. I hate the sun too. The sun is overrated.
So are morons...Love yourself.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:54 PM

159 posts, read 511,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatemorons View Post

yes because something that keeps us alive is SOO overrated

Old 07-08-2009, 02:00 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,231,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggabq View Post
yes because something that keeps us alive is SOO overrated
sitting around in the sun in 90 degree weather IS overrated!

Old 07-08-2009, 02:05 PM

8,606 posts, read 10,137,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
sitting around in the sun in 90 degree weather IS overrated!
Just like sitting around in sub-zero temperatures? I would think the majority of people just sitting around in 90 degree weather in the South would be the visitors to places like that from places including Chicago. Most other people actually work for a living.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:11 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,861,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCbyChoice View Post
Are you serious? This is what you based your opinion of an entire region of the country on? Wow. A couple of hokey tourist traps and some quick drive throughs hardly give you any idea of what it would be like to live in a city. Anyways, I guess everyone is allowed to have an opinion, no matter how uminformed it is.

I was born and raised, living 24 years just 20 minutes outside of your beloved Dayton and I did choose the sun belt. It was one of the best decisions of my life.

What's so great about it? The people for one thing. The locals in most cases are very welcoming and the transplants are estatic, believing as though they have escaped the depressing north. The weather is better (if you prefer warmer climates as most people do), the cities are growing and building new, not crumbling and losing people like many of their northern counter-parts and their economies are expanding with new opportunities. I could go on and on....

It's no different than when the north experienced such rapid growth when industry became the focal point of our country. Those days are gone. It's simple...people will go where there is an opportunity live a stable, satifying life.
READ MY LAST SENTENCE IN YOUR QUOTE!!!!!

I have probably spent about a month of 24-hour days in the south, most of time being related to work. Yes, I deal with the locals frequently, they are called customers.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:13 PM

763 posts, read 1,298,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonnatian View Post
READ MY LAST SENTENCE IN YOUR QUOTE!!!!!

I have probably spent about a month of 24-hour days in the south, most of time being related to work. Yes, I deal with the locals frequently, they are called customers.
Yeah, those Mcdonalds drive through customers can get rather mean sometimes

Old 07-08-2009, 02:19 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,231,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Just like sitting around in sub-zero temperatures? I would think the majority of people just sitting around in 90 degree weather in the South would be the visitors to places like that from places including Chicago. Most other people actually work for a living.
haha, ok.
you keep your 100 degree weather out there in the desert.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I love sitting around in subzero temps. Right now it is cloudy, 24 degrees, and I drilled a hole through the ice in my pool. I am going out for a July swim. In August we are going to get above 32 degrees for the first time this year!

Old 07-08-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
Yeah, those Mcdonalds drive through customers can get rather mean sometimes
what a lame personal attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City