Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2009, 03:09 AM

567 posts, read 1,445,774 times

Advertisements

im sorry for all the post but look at this and tell me its not neglected just like some neighborhoods.

Built St. Louis: East St. Louis Tour Index

Old 04-05-2009, 03:16 AM

795 posts, read 2,409,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden-mind-State View Post
That surprised you?!? They are literally tearing down the projects where a lot of the blacks live in order to gentrificate the neighborhood and driving the blacks to other areas of the bay or sacramento.

Looking good. Its about time!

Old 04-05-2009, 03:18 AM

3 posts, read 12,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Which 10 large cities do you think are the least ghetto, or most high class? Here are my picks:

1. San Diego
2. San Jose
3. Seattle
4. Portland
5. Salt Lake City
6. Minneapolis
7. Boston
8. Honolulu
9. Denver
10. Austin
i dont know about those other cities but Boston has real bad areas and a good amount of crime overall.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:28 AM

1,694 posts, read 5,679,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-town 720 View Post
Looking good. Its about time!
Not at all,while it may be a better look it doesn't change the fact that those places are in a horrible neighborhood and forced people who had been in SF for generations to move without a 2nd chance,leave there job,family,friends, whatever else and find somewhere else to live,or be left homeless.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK94 View Post
im sorry for all the post but look at this and tell me its not neglected just like some neighborhoods.

Built St. Louis: East St. Louis Tour Index
The downtown area according to the link is suppose to be functional unlike the rest of the city. If even a single area of ESL is marginally ghetto than somehwhere else it is really fricken grimy. And that somehwere is one bad MFO hood.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Not at all,while it may be a better look it doesn't change the fact that those places are in a horrible neighborhood and forced people who had been in SF for generations to move without a 2nd chance,leave there job,family,friends, whatever else and find somewhere else to live,or be left homeless.
Dont worry they got bart tickets to bay point...

Old 04-05-2009, 03:41 AM

1,694 posts, read 5,679,798 times

So if they did the same thing to you're neighborhood if you had lived there and your parents lived there and everything you knew was there,you wouldn't care?
Hunters Point is,or at least was the last black neighborhood in SF,I don't want to see the blacks leave if it means the neighborhood gets a couple pre-fab condos.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-town 720 View Post
The downtown area according to the link is suppose to be functional unlike the rest of the city. If even a single area of ESL is marginally ghetto than somehwhere else it is really fricken grimy. And that somehwere is one bad MFO hood.
actually, its only functional on saturday, the rest of the week is like a ghost town. if you look at the "downtown" closely you'll notice every single shop boarded up and out of business (except for like 3). that far from a functional downtown.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:54 AM

Quote:

So if they did the same thing to you're neighborhood if you had lived there and your parents lived there and everything you knew was there,you wouldn't care?
Hunters Point is,or at least was the last black neighborhood in SF,I don't want to see the blacks leave if it means the neighborhood gets a couple pre-fab condos.

If you think about it, its a win-win situation for everybody. SF gets a nicer hood and the folks who get relocated get a chance to start over. You couldn't possibly think keeping folks in the HP was healthy? Its kind of like separating the kids who fight at recess into different corners. In this case HP folks are priced out to somewhere else where they may or may not engage in the same life choices they did before. At least now they have a chance to make a change....the urban decay would of devoured them.

An economic solution to a social problem...I love it!

Old 04-05-2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:

this is happening all over america. your from cali so you probably dont care about nyc, but if you haven't noticed already gentrification is taking over the whole city, hence the high prices and population decrease. just thinking about those snobby yuppies and hipsters makes me sick. anyway, i thought hp was a toxic waste dump and hazardous to your health, so why is it being gentrified?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City