Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 05:17 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,600,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekitor View Post
Only mention the cities that you have been to please. So what city that you have visited or lived before felt boring to you.

From the cities that I have visited I have to say Baltimore. I was there for a weekend. And maybe I did not visited the right places. But the only exciting place of that city I found was the waterfront. I ask a few 'local' people if they recommended other parts of the city to visit and hang out, but their responses were that there was nothing else. Now Baltimore does have a nice waterfront area and much better than some other cities I have been, but I felt like it was all just a big tourist trap sort of place. For a city that seems big I was expecting more things to see and do.

Wow--I wish Baltimore was more boring. If you hang in the Inner Harbor which is very touristy, you get the Inner Harbor. But, most locals don't go there to often. Try the neighborhoods like Fells Point or Mt. Vernon for a true Baltimore experience. To be honest, if you were in the Inner Harbor, I doubt many locals were there to offer your opinions. Don't get me wrong, we appreciate the Inner Harbor for what it has spawned in the city but there really is so much more.
I do understand your experience though. I have been to plenty of places that at first were not to impressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 05:21 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
Certainly your prerogative to think so, but there really isn't anything boring about Milwaukee.
I find Milwaukee to be a pretty happening mid-sized city. WAY underrated, imho.

Opinions, however, are TOTALLY subjective. That's why we call them opinions.

Having said that, I may step on a few toes by saying Dallas. Maybe all the fun stuff is out in the Suburbs. I found the city center pretty danged boring.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:33 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times
Miami
Orlando
Phoenix
Salt Lake City

Old 12-19-2008, 05:35 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,352,002 times
If you're bored in a big city, you suck at research. Nobody's going to invite you to have fun, genius. Go explore.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
If you're bored in a big city, you suck at research. Nobody's going to invite you to have fun, genius. Go explore.
Well, that's true to an extent. You're also often limited in some way. For example, I said Dallas was boring, but I was there during the week and didn't have a car. I scoured the city. I went to the places people told me were fun. I just didn't see a lot going on.

Good food, though. I went to some really great restaurants in Dallas.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:00 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Well, that's true to an extent. You're also often limited in some way. For example, I said Dallas was boring, but I was there during the week and didn't have a car. I scoured the city. I went to the places people told me were fun. I just didn't see a lot going on.

Good food, though. I went to some really great restaurants in Dallas.
One thing you don't do when visiting Texas cities besides San Antonio, Austin, and Fort Worth is don't go visit the city center .That is the CBD and only for business people.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
One thing you don't do when visiting Texas cities besides San Antonio, Austin, and Fort Worth is don't go visit the city center .That is the CBD and only for business people.
Well, I was there for business. Still, to me, part of being an exciting city is having something going on downtown. Again: This is completely subjective.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:16 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danco View Post
That city... um... you know the one...wait I got it , it's...no cow tipping was actually kind of fun...oh yeah how about...na ...
much like a Texas tornado or a Tennessee divorce someone is gonna loose a trailer which is kinda interesting...maybe that retirement destination...
than again once you get past that old people smell the stories are actually pretty cool...well you know I don't want to offend anyone so lets go with...
Grand Platte Nebraska. sorry
Lol, as they say on "Tommy Boy", "you need to get yourself a new map".

Old 12-19-2008, 06:49 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,430,669 times
The one I live in now.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:19 PM

300 posts, read 1,179,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danco View Post
Grand Platte Nebraska. sorry
Do you mean Grand Island Nebraska? Or North Platte Nebraska? There is no Grand Platte. I would know, since I live in Nebraska.

The most boring city I have ever been to would be the one I was born, raised and currently live in -Lincoln, Ne. Except on Husker Saturdays. Then, it's a tad more fun.

(Btw, I'm here b/c I'm interested in moving to NYC.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City