Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 09:14 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,547,924 times

Advertisements

By the way, the city proper of "DC" gets all the credit, but the state of Maryland is actually what is really competing with these other cities like ATL and Houston. Maryland is home to absolutely gorgeous women its a heavily urban/surburbanized state with very little poverty outside of some parts of Baltimore and in DC's suburbs. The state is about 30% black and the wealthiest by household income in the country. PG County MD earned the name "Pretty Girl County" based on it's on merit. Almost any major HBCU college on the East Coast has some of it's best looking girls from PG County. Montgomery county is full of gorgeous women from all over the world. People really don't give MD the props that it should when it comes some of the most beautiful women. Everything from African-American, Ethiopian, Trinidadian, Guyanese, Dominican, Indian etc MD is a very diverse state with a good economy that will always be filled with gorgeous women.

We may not get a show here like Jersey Shore or Real Housewives of ATL to represent it properly, (The one in DC is not representative of the DMV culture) but trust me this the place for nice home grown gorgeous black and mixed women.

Last edited by the resident09; 09-14-2010 at 09:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 08:39 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Thats one of the dumbest quotes i've ever heard on this forum, DC has ALWAYS been proven to be known as a prime hot bed for black women, Miami and LA have 1 or two little glamour spots the rest of their black women can't hold a candle to the ones in the DC area, face, body, intellect, and career wise. I just went to the Trey Songz and Monica concert two weeks ago at Constitution Hall and let me tell you, it was 100 to 1 Bad Chicks to Males ratio in there. Miami and LA are not messing with DC's black women overall on any scale. Do you know how many times i've been in both cities and met something i though was the baddest thing walking, then come to find out she's from back home in DC! I lived in FL and visit there at least twice a year, no city in that state has more or better "black women" than the DMV area. I'll have my good friend from Miami tell it he just left here. DC women are some of the most prized women in the world, might wanna get your facts straight.

As for ATL its like a 2nd or 3rd home to me i'll always side with DC since i grew up in the area and know how many we have to offer. But ATL is something serious to be reckon with so i'll never be mad at anyone who gives it to them. Although half of their best ones down there are originally from DC
Oh Lord, another DMVer. Before you respond to one of my posts, please read the post carefully and also read the post to which I was replying.

Someone made the point that if you took ALL of the women in a city, ranked them on the 1-10 scale, and then derived the average ranking by divding the sum by N, the average of that city would pretty much be equal to the average of any other city. My position was that this was not true. If you took a random sampling of women from Los Angeles, and a random sampling of women from Buffalo, the LA women would probably best the Buffalo women by a point or two.

Whether this is true or not is not relevant. In those posts, we were obviously talking about a large group of women, inclusive of black women, but by no means limited to them. If we are only talking about black women, then yes, I would agree that DC ranks no lower than third (behind Atlanta for sure and possibly NYC). But the point I was making targeted a specific claim made by another poster.

Regarding your ATL assessment, I'll have to stick with ATL, as someone who's unbiased and has lived in both cities. I rarely see a fine woman, black, white, Latina, or Asian, in DC. I come across several 6s that have fancy degrees, but if you're looking for a legitimately bad chick, it is tough to find one of any race here. On an average day, you will see many more beautiful women in Miami, LA, or Atlanta than you will in DC.

As far as the bad chicks you meet in the A being from DC, I'll say that there are undoubtedly some, but not many. Black people migrate to Atlanta from all over, but the city is pulling blacks primarily from NY/NJ, the Delaware Valley, the Midwest, and smaller southern cities. DC attracts a fair number of blacks itself and the city is not hemorraging blacks like the Rust Belt cities. Many Washingtonians tend to stay put because there's an abundance of good jobs there, especially now compared to the rest of the country, and hence they find no reason to leave. Blacks in the New York area, on the other hand, fly to Atlanta like it's the land of milk and honey. This is part of the reason why Atlanta's West Indian population is increasing so quickly.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 09-15-2010 at 08:53 AM..

Old 09-15-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Oh Lord, another DMVer. Before you respond to one of my posts, please read the post carefully and also read the post to which I was replying.

Someone made the point that if you took ALL of the women in a city, ranked them on the 1-10 scale, and then derived the average ranking by divding the sum by N, the average of that city would pretty much be equal to the average of any other city. My position was that this was not true. If you took a random sampling of women from Los Angeles, and a random sampling of women from Buffalo, the LA women would probably best the Buffalo women by a point or two.

Whether this is true or not is not relevant. In those posts, we were obviously talking about a large group of women, inclusive of black women, but by no means limited to them. If we are only talking about black women, then yes, I would agree that DC ranks no lower than third (behind Atlanta for sure and possibly NYC). But the point I was making targeted a specific claim made by another poster.

Regarding your ATL assessment, I'll have to stick with ATL, as someone who's unbiased and has lived in both cities. I rarely see a fine woman, black, white, Latina, or Asian, in DC. I come across several 6s that have fancy degrees, but if you're looking for a legitimately bad chick, it is tough to find one of any race here. On an average day, you will see many more beautiful women in Miami, LA, or Atlanta than you will in DC.

As far as the bad chicks you meet in the A being from DC, I'll say that there are undoubtedly some, but not many. Black people migrate to Atlanta from all over, but the city is pulling blacks primarily from NY/NJ, the Delaware Valley, the Midwest, and smaller southern cities. DC attracts a fair number of blacks itself and the city is not hemorraging blacks like the Rust Belt cities. Many Washingtonians tend to stay put because there's an abundance of good jobs there, especially now compared to the rest of the country, and hence they find no reason to leave. Blacks in the New York area, on the other hand, fly to Atlanta like it's the land of milk and honey. This is part of the reason why Atlanta's West Indian population is increasing so quickly.
Ok thats fine if that is your opinion, like i said its hard to argue with ATL, but as someone who has grown up in the DMV and seen the growth over the past couple decades, i know for a FACT there are plenty more 8's 9's and 10's walking all over the DC area that I see EVERYDAY and have since my youth in the early 90's that your numbers are definitely skewed,all those other mathematics and equations dont really do much for me. I have friends that went to Howard from ATL who had this discussion with me before and say straight up its either a toss up or some even give the edge to DC, so what you are saying is simply a matter of opinion or your personal experiences.

People move to DC from all over too, there is a plethora of NY/NJ people living in the DMV just as our Caribbean population has been sustained and grown even more so. Many of them prefer DC cause of the proximity to NY and also significantly more extensive Public Transit than many southern cities.

Miami is my favorite city to visit in the country i love everything about that place, but i will say it is certainly overrated when it comes to black women and one of the most overrated areas for beautiful women in general. The primary areas to find women in Miami are the one or two glamour spots on in town, South Beach, and parts of Downtown, outside of that Miami is no much more different than Orlando or Tampa. Now their Latinas make up for any of the losses because even the "White women" there are actually Latinas and have an even more gorgeous look IMO.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:10 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,434,754 times
Quote:
By the way, the city proper of "DC" gets all the credit, but the state of Maryland is actually what is really competing with these other cities like ATL and Houston. Maryland is home to absolutely gorgeous women its a heavily urban/surburbanized state with very little poverty outside of some parts of Baltimore and in DC's suburbs. The state is about 30% black and the wealthiest by household income in the country. PG County MD earned the name "Pretty Girl County" based on it's on merit. Almost any major HBCU college on the East Coast has some of it's best looking girls from PG County. Montgomery county is full of gorgeous women from all over the world. People really don't give MD the props that it should when it comes some of the most beautiful women. Everything from African-American, Ethiopian, Trinidadian, Guyanese, Dominican, Indian etc MD is a very diverse state with a good economy that will always be filled with gorgeous women.

We may not get a show here like Jersey Shore or Real Housewives of ATL to represent it properly, (The one in DC is not representative of the DMV culture) but trust me this the place for nice home grown gorgeous black and mixed women.
I noticed there are quite a good number of East Africans in Atlanta too. There are many Sudanese and Ethiopian refugees as well as other East Africans. I can really, really get into alot of these East African Women like the ones at this party in Atlanta. (He was supposed to throw one like this in D.C. afterwards). I notice them walking around or shopping in Atlanta sometimes. Nice.

YouTube - Diddy At Compound For Eritrean Soccer In Atlanta

Old 09-15-2010, 10:26 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,197,088 times
If Atlanta has more beautiful black women than Houston; than I need to be there like yesturday. In Houston; you're going to get lots of rare and exotic looking women. Not women with average face, but banging body.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:41 AM

Yea Atlanta has a good population of them, but DC has the highest percentage in the nation, from Ethiopia and Eritrea...They did a festival celebration in DC too, AG entertainment from Atlanta was in attendance. We can go back and forth on DC vs ATL, honestly it doesn't matter to me either place your guaranteed to find sexy black women all over.

YouTube - Eritrean Dc Festival 2010 Video Recap {East Coast Sound Patrol} [AG Version]

Old 09-16-2010, 09:43 PM

2,330 posts, read 4,399,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
When you take a trip to Atlanta, that will change.
Atlanta does not have as many multi-foreign ethnic women like DC has......

DC wins.........

Old 09-16-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink View Post
Second that, beautiful latinas(redbone mix)the black women in NYC are average looking. They don't look better than Houston or Atlanta at best.
Totally disagree because DC, NYC, and Miami have more multi-ethnic foreign Black women that will make the Black women in Atlanta and Houston look like ghetto trash.........

Old 09-16-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:

Prince Georges County, Maryland is nicknamed Pretty Girl County........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City