Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: New York City or Los Angeles?
New York City 143 61.11%
Los Angeles 91 38.89%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 09:00 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times

Advertisements

NYC is a thousand times the city la is. Why are we even entertaining this argument. Everybody already knows this

Old 04-20-2009, 09:56 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,686,241 times
^^ Cough* you just come here to start some crap .Completely Diff Cities,On uses the sub while one Loves the Car. Kony are you going the Distance.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:59 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,895,144 times
Wow, a thread comparing New York to LA. How come I didn't think of it?

Old 04-20-2009, 10:03 PM

let the drummer kick!

Old 04-21-2009, 01:46 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
^^ Cough* you just come here to start some crap .Completely Diff Cities,On uses the sub while one Loves the Car. Kony are you going the Distance.
Distance? There is no distance. I come in here and see californians bashing my city. So i had to let ya'll know what time it is

Old 04-21-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Distance? There is no distance. I come in here and see californians bashing my city. So i had to let ya'll know what time it is
Oh and completely forget the fact that You and other NY'ers Bash LA first,While We defend it,And how Ny'ers show pride while we show pride,But some idiot destroys it.Have you been to Ca?

Old 04-21-2009, 10:17 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,786,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthNJ View Post
New York City, NY or Los Angeles, CA?
  • Which city would you rather live in?
  • Which city is better, and why? Explain.
Los Angeles

Because I grew up in the NYC metro area all my life and it is now infested with transplant hipsters who are annoying as all get-out.

L.A. has better weather most of the time also. L.A. has great food, great arts and culture, beautiful nature, laid-back attitude, and a lot of other things going for it.

In the end, I'd just rather be bi-coastal and live in NY from July or August through December and then in L.A. from January through June or July.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:53 PM

35 posts, read 116,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptown_urbanist View Post
I don't have the energy to read through this entire conversation, but the level of ignorance about Los Angeles, and to a lesser degree New York, shown on these forums is pretty shocking. LA is one of, if not the, most misunderstood cities in the country. LA is an actual, urban city, complete with many of the amenities that some of the New Yorkers seem to think exists ONLY in their city.
Ignorance... a word that fits into LA.
LA is totally ignored. Why so ignored? Even the skyline.
I mean... the building boom. Why not in Los Angeles? Even a 300 ft building could exist in the skyline. And become famous to Los Angeles skyline...

Second is misunderstood. It fits so much to everyone in our city.
I'm so misunderstood. All the New Yorkers think I HATE FREAKING YORK!
But I don't. Manhattan was the FIRST skyline I've focused until I started looking into other skylines around the world. And Los Angeles, which I thought it was a lot more unique and my style of skylines than other city.
I've asked my dad to stop at NY on the way to Hong Kong. But were going to Taipei. I always wanted to go NYC.

Just because I said "NY is for adults. LA is for kids". That doesn't mean kids shouldn't be ALLOWED in NY. I'm saying NY is more advanced and kids fits a lot more, and belong to there.
I've watched a lot of dramas that always say reasonable stuff.
Kid's go crazy with buying stuff. And I heard NY is quite expensive?
Would kids be going crazy, spending $100 on one small shirt. Then get it dirty? That could infect their future of buying a $1,000 shirt everyday.
As well as the weather doesn't really fit too. It get kids sick easily, a lot of cancelled schools, AND rainy days. While LA have sunny days and a few rainy days. And no snow. I easily get sick. I could imagining me tripping down in the middle of the road in Times Square, fainting.

I remembered my cousin said it snowed in his birthday but school was cancelled (Las Vegas).
He is sad because school is his happiest place. He stayed at home instead doing nothing. Those who think that school is stupid... YOU'RE stupid. Go get educated.

Saying "Can you guys just be an inch nicer" doesn't mean I think New Yorkers are mean. This quote is NOT for everyone. It's for those who likes saying bad stuff about LA to make NY look nicer.
Please, read this quote by every word.
"Stop saying bad stuff about LA because NY basically won already. There is NO point of doing these stuff."
I already heard people saying "LA has boring weather."
That's basically stupid. That person basically want to say LA has stupid boring weather and NY has snow and stuff.
If you guys see LA people getting mad, it's basically those cruel people who infected us to be meaner. Yes, infected.

Why not going on Youtube and search an LA video. You'll see 90% of the comments saying "Houston is better." "NY is better." "Chicago is better."

Last of all, I heard some guy saying something like "If that city invented it, then other cities shouldn't use them."
That's a mean quote, but it made me think of this.
Didn't LA gave birth to the internet like how Chicago gave birth to skyscraper....
Wow, if you are one of those people who are unreasonable, lies, or to say bad stuff. Get off the internet if you hate Los Angeles.
Yet, I never said NY is a bad city. And people are already complaining.

---------------------------------------------------------
THIS POST IS TO MAKE MY PREVIOUS POSTS REASONABLE!
---------------------------------------------------------

Old 04-28-2009, 10:23 PM

399 posts, read 554,415 times
L.A and NYC both suck. There even. No favoritism.

But. L.A. (Areas like Santa Monica etc)

Santa Barbara or the Hamptons in Long Island. Both are incredibly up-scale resort cities. Luxury Entertainment.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:46 PM

202 posts, read 1,008,144 times
Very difficult question, but the city of NYC itself is better than downtown la
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City