Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2021, 11:14 AM

10,273 posts, read 14,760,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Knoxville has the Sunosphere but I like Chattanooga's more overall as the setting on the river and rolling bluffs compliments it. I especially like the view from I-24.

Augusta, GA or Macon, GA?
I like Augusta's river setting a lot more than Macon, but Macon edges Augusta just for a bit more density.

Downtown Brooklyn, NY or Austin, TX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2021, 02:58 PM

3,560 posts, read 3,504,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I like Augusta's river setting a lot more than Macon, but Macon edges Augusta just for a bit more density.

Downtown Brooklyn, NY or Austin, TX?
Aesthetically and to how the buildings look, I like the appearance and look of Austin's downtown buildings better. And the park I see along the river running through it(Colorado River), adds to making myself prefer Austin's appearance. Brooklyn would win I won't deny when it comes to density, though. I think Austin more reminds me of say Richmond, VA, Nashville, TN, or Columbus, OH, as examples for its downtown and skyline.

And I'll bring up the comparison I had in my mind, when thinking about Roanoke's skyline in that previous post. And do that comparison now. Roanoke, VA, or Charleston, WV?

Old 07-22-2021, 07:09 PM

4,034 posts, read 2,340,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Aesthetically and to how the buildings look, I like the appearance and look of Austin's downtown buildings better. And the park I see along the river running through it(Colorado River), adds to making myself prefer Austin's appearance. Brooklyn would win I won't deny when it comes to density, though. I think Austin more reminds me of say Richmond, VA, Nashville, TN, or Columbus, OH, as examples for its downtown and skyline.

And I'll bring up the comparison I had in my mind, when thinking about Roanoke's skyline in that previous post. And do that comparison now. Roanoke, VA, or Charleston, WV?
I like Charleston's better. Looks more dense. San Antonio or Ft Worth?

Old 07-22-2021, 08:55 PM

9,788 posts, read 9,640,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I like Charleston's better. Looks more dense. San Antonio or Ft Worth?
San Antonio, TX. It has more potential and prettier surroundings. Both could use more density.

Denver, CO or Boston, MA?

Old 07-26-2021, 09:14 AM

10,273 posts, read 14,760,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
San Antonio, TX. It has more potential and prettier surroundings. Both could use more density.

Denver, CO or Boston, MA?
I like Boston's by a hair. I think Boston's continued skyscraper growth will elevate it to the top 10 best skylines in the next decade.

Asheville, NC or Columbia, SC?

Old 07-27-2021, 12:07 PM

868 posts, read 729,316 times
Quote:
Asheville due to the mountain backdrop

Billings MT or Fargo ND?

Old 07-27-2021, 12:46 PM

3,560 posts, read 3,504,509 times
Quote:
I like Boston's by a hair. I think Boston's continued skyscraper growth will elevate it to the top 10 best skylines in the next decade.

I notice a lot more buildings in Columbia's skyline that stand out, vs. with Asheville. So Columbia for me, even if Asheville has mountains in its skyline. It seems Columbia(at least from pics I found in my searches) has a little more density, too.

I guess for the most recent one, Billings the more I relook and think about both skylines. While Fargo does have a mix of old and new buildings in its downtown I like, Billings has some old buildings too, and TBH I slightly prefer Billings. And I think Billings' tallest building is slightly taller, than the tallest building in Fargo?

Charlotte, or Nashville?

Last edited by SonySegaTendo617; 07-27-2021 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: Thought more about the 2nd one, and honestly thought TBH slightly preferred Billings in end

Old 07-27-2021, 02:25 PM

9,788 posts, read 9,640,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I notice a lot more buildings in Columbia's skyline that stand out, vs. with Asheville. So Columbia for me, even if Asheville has mountains in its skyline. It seems Columbia(at least from pics I found in my searches) has a little more density, too.

I guess for the most recent one, Billings the more I relook and think about both skylines. While Fargo does have a mix of old and new buildings in its downtown I like, Billings has some old buildings too, and TBH I slightly prefer Billings. And I think Billings' tallest building is slightly taller, than the tallest building in Fargo?

Charlotte, or Nashville?
Close. Love Nashville's wide skyline, but I choose Charlotte for its impressive Piedmont crowns and much taller buildings. You can see it 100 miles away.

Cincinnati, OH or Oakland, CA?

Old 07-27-2021, 05:40 PM

4,034 posts, read 2,340,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Close. Love Nashville's wide skyline, but I choose Charlotte for its impressive Piedmont crowns and much taller buildings. You can see it 100 miles away.

Cincinnati, OH or Oakland, CA?
I said Cincinnati. Buildings look taller. St. Petersburg FL or St. Paul MN?

Old 07-28-2021, 10:12 AM

476 posts, read 374,994 times
St. Paul has more density/ buildings in general.

Louisville or Richmond?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City