Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 01:49 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,404,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
I didn't realize Madison was that Blue. Wow!
Ohhhh yeah it is. I was just there a few weeks ago, and I didn't get a "Wisconsin conservative" vibe at all. I'm sure the massive university, government jobs, dense downtown, tech growth, and Chicago transplants are to thank for that high level of liberalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 07:15 AM

817 posts, read 598,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCrest182 View Post
Ohhhh yeah it is. I was just there a few weeks ago, and I didn't get a "Wisconsin conservative" vibe at all. I'm sure the massive university, government jobs, dense downtown, tech growth, and Chicago transplants are to thank for that high level of liberalism.
Wisconsin isn't conservative, though.

Old 06-26-2019, 11:32 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,910,924 times
Loredo and McAllen TX surprised me a bit; then realized the wall issue was likely very polarizing there

PA went Red in the election yet the largest population cluster in Philly was only 33% Red, the rest of the state had to average about 60% to get there; looking at other larger metros (Pittsburgh, Reading Harrisburg, Allentown etc.)

The rural areas must have been over 80% or more

The weird dynamic in PA in the last election is that Romney actually did much better in the Philly area in terms of votes in the prior election; what caused PA to go red this election was people that didn't vote (at all) for Hillary that did vote for Obama in the election prior. It wasn't some much Trump was stronger but more that Hilary was weaker, this was a dynamic in the Philly burbs that caused the state to go Red. Probably why both candidates spent more time in PA than any other and were seemingly in Philly and the burbs like twice a week leading up to the election including Hilarys rally the night before with Bruce and many others in front of Independence hall. Polls started to show the apathy in Hilary voters and it came true. A few last minute polls were actually right on this

One thing Biden would do is likely shift PA back if these two were to run today; how can you not vote for a Phillies and Eagles fan born in PA and living in DE

Old 06-26-2019, 11:43 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,248,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
I would say the malcontents and victim wannebe's in society are generally on the left

It is funny you are basically trashing the former Obama voters that Trump won as angry.

If somebody doesn't vote your way,. They must be angry. Sounds like projection and sour grapes.

In my zip code, the malcontents and victims are the white people left behind by the global economy because they lack 21st century job skills.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:15 PM

512 posts, read 474,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeignCrunch View Post
Wisconsin isn't conservative, though.
Yeah, it's very middle of the road, but our politicians that dominate the state are right-wing extremists due to gerrymandering despite us having a Democratic governor, AG, and Secretary of State.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City