Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 02:46 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,600,716 times

Advertisements

Here's a few missed for Detroit:

Giorgio Armani
Gucci
Salvatore Ferragamo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 02:48 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Goyard
- New York
- Miami
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Chicago
- Boston
Boston, Chicago and LA don't have stand alone Goyard boutiques. They are inside department stores.

Old 01-26-2016, 02:50 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,966,660 times
Thanks for checking and making corrections where applicable, everyone. As you can see, it is a longwinded process to compile and a few bits here and there may have been missed (unintentionally).

In the coming weeks, I am going to add more brands to this thread. I am talking about somewhere around 150 + more brands added to this thread (in addition to the current 150 already in the thread); all ranging from clothing to glasses to cosmetics to electronics to outdoors sporting goods to upscale movie theaters (like iPic) to infant accessories and stuff like that and more. So I really appreciate the updates! It will be helpful!!

Last edited by Trafalgar Law; 01-26-2016 at 02:58 PM..

Old 01-26-2016, 03:09 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,568,606 times
Kenneth Cole, only in NY and LA?? Doesn't seem accurate.

Old 01-26-2016, 03:23 PM

1,445 posts, read 2,321,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Kenneth Cole, only in NY and LA?? Doesn't seem accurate.
Kenneth Cole closed all of their U.S. stores except for one in Washington D.C., two in New York, and one in Los Angeles.

Impressive list. Charlotte has a Hugo Boss store.

BCBCMAXAZRIA, Anthropologie, Tommy Bahama, Vince Camuto, Vineyard Vines, Vera Bradley, American Girl, The North Face, St. John, Porsche Design, Kendra Scott, Brahmin, and 7 For All Mankind would all make good additions.

Old 01-26-2016, 03:49 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,568,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post
Kenneth Cole closed all of their U.S. stores except for one in Washington D.C., two in New York, and one in Los Angeles.
Oh I guess it should be edited then, I was getting ready to say I walked passed the Pentagon City location here only a couple weeks ago. Never heard about the closing nationwide.

Old 01-26-2016, 04:16 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,966,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Oh I guess it should be edited then, I was getting ready to say I walked passed the Pentagon City location here only a couple weeks ago. Never heard about the closing nationwide.
Like I mentioned earlier, all lists were based off of the information available to me via each store's official site.

I went through and checked every state, for every brand, manually, and while most cities of all sizes have a "Kenneth Cole" store, it is almost always either an outlet mall store or a department store that happens to sell a few Kenneth Cole things.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...nneth-cole.png

When I checked Kenneth Cole, I only saw New York and Los Angeles, must've missed Washington D.C. given it has like a million different jurisdictions (MD, VA, DC, WV, PA, so on) but despite that, I don't think any other cities were missed because few cities have actual Kenneth Cole boutiques. It has to be like only 2-3 tops in the entire country by this point, like someone else mentioned, they've been scaling back on the boutiques and going with more outlets.

I didn't really want to include outlet stores or department store representation of these brands in this thread. That does luxury shopping zero justice, in fact, butchers the concept entirely.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:10 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,761,762 times
Damn. You must looooooove adderall. Lol.

Very impressive btw.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:28 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,744,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Wow! Very impressive.
Without double checking, I am guessing you missed stores in several mid major cities.

In Louisville for example, you missed that there are stand alone Coach, Kate Spade ( I think 2), Swarvowski Gucci store, and I am sure a few others. The other problem with your search could be that you did not search for nearby upscale suburban areas of these cities. For example, Gucci in KY is located in Simpsonville, a suburb.

Also, the list is misleading. If you are including boutiques, there are places in mid major cities which serve that clientle, but maybe they do not have a full stand alone store.

Just as an example, Merkley Kendrick jewelers here is a very big Rolex dealer, and they have a whole room with several cases full of new Rolexes. That is about the only watch they sell there.

Then there are standalone boutiques like Rodes:

http://www.rodes.com/#!for-him/c1fe1

They carry most the major brands you listed like Ferragamo, Louis Vuitton, St John, Ferragamo, Zegna, etc just on a smaller scale to suit local styles and tastes. Most metros above 1 million have something like this that is not a Saks, etc.

So, I appreciate your list, but it is bit misleading.

Last edited by Peter1948; 01-26-2016 at 09:39 PM..

Old 01-26-2016, 09:43 PM

561 posts, read 514,687 times
There has been a Coach store in Omaha for at least a decade..

Peace...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City