Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 06:46 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,957,035 times

Advertisements

Mild Sauce and Mumbo Sauce are the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2018, 06:48 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHaze1100 View Post
I do believe it. Baltimore Club Music is what made Philly Club music and Jersey club Music and later influenced many other European styles of techno/club.
lol Chicago house gave birth to many different styles of music including club from Baltimore. House is definitely more worldwide than club music. Played nightly and in many clubs in Europe, Latin America (especially Brazil), South Africa, and Australia. It’s no contest.

Old 08-03-2018, 06:49 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Mild Sauce and Mumbo Sauce are the same thing.
I’ve ate both, plenty. I do not agree.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:23 AM

636 posts, read 611,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I’ve ate both, plenty. I do not agree.
Also disagree. I've come across several variations of mumbo (not just the store-bought brand). Some is more like mild sauce, while some more closely resembles duck or hot sauce, etc. Perhaps you could argue some of these variations are inauthentic and the "real" one is like mild though, idk.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:48 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,770,448 times
The obsession with blacks and the south on CD is quite annoying. One can conclude that blacks do have a huge cultural affect on a city. However, as a people, we’re not given the credit we deserve on a national level. It’s very telling that people have to look at the black population to compare or to analyze a particular city’s culture.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:54 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,035,558 times
Both cities are loved on this site but overrated in real life.

Old 08-07-2018, 02:00 PM

14,019 posts, read 15,001,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
The obsession with blacks and the south on CD is quite annoying. One can conclude that blacks do have a huge cultural affect on a city. However, as a people, we’re not given the credit we deserve on a national level. It’s very telling that people have to look at the black population to compare or to analyze a particular city’s culture.
Blacks are 40-50% of the population of these cities. However, I just think generally people look at the demographic pie chart and assume if the slices are similar so are the cities is generally a bad assumption.

Maybe for Baltimore and Philly but for distant cities it's a bad idea. Like OKC and Providence have very similar demographic breakdowns but are very different cities. They both are ~49-55% white but those white people have very little in common. They are both ~15-20% Hispanic but one is mostly Mexican while the other is mostly Dominican.

For Chicago and D.C. It's the same way.

Old 08-07-2018, 02:59 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,864,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Blacks are 40-50% of the population of these cities. However, I just think generally people look at the demographic pie chart and assume if the slices are similar so are the cities is generally a bad assumption.

Maybe for Baltimore and Philly but for distant cities it's a bad idea. Like OKC and Providence have very similar demographic breakdowns but are very different cities. They both are ~49-55% white but those white people have very little in common. They are both ~15-20% Hispanic but one is mostly Mexican while the other is mostly Dominican.

Blacks have dipped to slightly less than 30% of the population in Chicago now. Hispanics are now the largest minority group in Chicago at slightly over 30%.

Old 08-07-2018, 04:00 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,239,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post

Chicago's African American population is 1/3. White and Latino the others. White as in many cities. Skews into the 45% as many Latinos classify as White. Of course .... with being Black there is little claim of being White in looks. But of course by blood mixed for most. Some stats differentiate this like in Wikipedia.

But Chicago has been loosing its Black population pretty drastically there last couple decades the census shows and Latinos in 2016 were a tad higher % since. Each about a 1/3.

Opps I see I got beat to it above ..... but did not know it dipped below 30%.

Old 08-07-2018, 04:24 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,569,326 times
Chicago's black population is expected to drop to around 665,000 residents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City