Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 06:02 PM

4 posts, read 12,032 times

Advertisements

One thing that I care about the least is the weather.
Which one is the best among these 4 beautiful city's?
Especially for business,something in the retail and after some years of doing business : manufacturing.
the cost of living matters too,because somewhere like NY it's nearly impossible to live decently and start a decent business and not a crappy small one.
The home prices are important too,$1200for 1bd and 1 bathroom in NYC and in Denver with $800 you get something really nice.
And finally the crime is important,since I have a 15 years old daughter.
Thanks in advance to everyone.
(I can only compare to NYC since is the only place where I live for a decent amount of time. Sorry for all the wrong typing I wrote this on my iPhone)

Last edited by Aleena M.; 08-12-2012 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: Wrong typing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 07:48 PM

Sorry I don't live in new York , but I meant 'lived' instead of 'live'

Old 08-14-2012, 09:05 PM

213 posts, read 449,194 times
Buffalo all the way!

Old 08-14-2012, 10:16 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,072,296 times
"Buffalo all the way!"

Based on what? Pride?

Old 08-17-2012, 03:23 PM

Can I know why Buffalo? Does it have many opportunities? How about the cost of living?

Old 08-17-2012, 07:05 PM

4 posts, read 9,047 times
You reference NYC but that isn't Buffalo. I have lived in both Denver and currently in Buffalo and say that retail may be better in denver but cost of living is cheaper in Buffalo. Weather may be worse in Buffalo but they don't salt the roads in CO. Ends up being worse to drive in. Cost of living overall is better in Buffalo but the food (yes, bring on the arguments) is better in Denver.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:06 AM

Is Buffalo safer than Denver_ I have a 15 years old girl..I dont want her to get in trouble.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:24 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,709,383 times
This is an odd combination of cities to battle one another lol. I like Denver...good climate, nice city. Buffalo doesn't seem that interesting although I have never been. Visited ATL once, nothing special really. Seattle seems decent although I don't think I'd live there unless I absolutely had too.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:41 AM

2 posts, read 4,952 times
Buffalo has not one thing to offer!high property taxes no growth water front is the worst!!no opportunity hear. Do yourself and your child a favor and go somewhere where they are not shutting down schools. Go where the opening up new schools because people are moving into the area not leaving!!!!

Old 04-24-2013, 09:58 AM

3,575 posts, read 3,075,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Garner View Post
. Do yourself and your child a favor and go somewhere where they are not shutting down schools. Go where the opening up new schools because people are moving into the area not leaving!!!!
Be careful about growth areas, as district and school boundaries change and students can get reassigned to new schools often. It has happened to our children twice, and they have been separated from friends and teachers. It is very disruptive, as in one case it occurred mid year, and in the other she was reassigned from our neighborhood school with only 1 year remaining, and no appeal to remain was accepted. Even in growth areas be aware that even relatively new neighborhoods show rapid declines especially wken new 'better' subdivisions are built nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City