Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 12:37 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,698,966 times

Advertisements

I've lived in 4 Major US cities.

1. Denver-I absolutely love this city. The Downtown is great for a city its size, great daytrips to the mountains, and it's really just a fun place to live.

2. Houston-Very close second. There is just SO much to do in the Houston Metro. I'm originally from Houston and I use to live in Katy (a suburb) and it was perfect for families. Also love Galveston & the beach.

3. Minneapolis/St. Paul-I really enjoyed my 4 months living here. It's sad I didn't have more time there, and unfortunately, it was in the winter. But I liked the vibe of the city. Did not like the weather though.

4. Long Island (Hicksville)-I am currently living her and it has been a great time. I just don't think I was built for living in a city so large.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 02:24 PM

934 posts, read 1,440,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefallensrvnge View Post
Kinda of the same cities being picked over and over... A lot of these are visits, but I would love to live in each.

Yagon- Easily my favorite city outside the US. The entire city (and country) is amazing. Hidden away from modernization, and has remained an amazing place to be. The people are resilient. The food is fantastic. The Shwedagon is the Mecca of the East. I would love to wake up each morning with it on the skyline.

Twin Cities - I've never lived here, but I always assumed this would be a perfect match for me. Liberal, educated, beautiful skyline, and I think winter is only beautiful when there is snow on the ground.

Warsaw-Amazing city. Great people, great food and amazing architecture. I really enjoy the history of the city as well.

San Francisco- I visited a couple of cities when I was young, but no city seems to be a vivid as San Francisco. I enjoyed the Asian influence and the maritime culture. I would like to go back one day.

Indianapolis- my most recent location. I have to say I really love it. It a great sized city (big, but not too big) with nice people, great location, nice colleges and Indy is an underdog. Gotta love the underdog.

honorable mention: Chicago
Opps! I meant *Yangon. I should've just said Rangoon.

--And you're welcome Min-Chi-CBus!

Old 06-26-2012, 02:31 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,901,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
No particular order:

Paris
NYC
Chicago
Boston
Vienna
For some reason I thought this was a US forum only.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:41 PM

16 posts, read 27,363 times
My top 5 would be:
1---Las Vegas. I don't think I could live there but I love the weather (I live in the Pacific Northwest), the beautiful sunrises and sunsets, all those neon lights, and just the excitement of it all.
2---Florida (the entire state). It's so beautiful and tropical with those beaches, lagoons, flamingos...the shopping is also great.
3---Myrtle Beach. Southern hospitality, on the beach as well, warmer weather, and excellent shopping.
4----Washington DC area. I've lived there so I've got some fond memories. Great shopping, Smithsonians, the Mall, gorgeous architect, Georgetown, the Metro, lots happening.
5----NYC. That rough-around-the-edges attitude (hey, I like it), lots of diversity---a utopia, striking buildings, lots happening, could never get bored, gritty and real.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:49 AM

432 posts, read 609,891 times
I lived in 4 areas and only 2 were cities.

My favorites I visited (not including living) are
San Francisco
Miami
Los Angeles
Atlanta
Montreal

From where I lived and visited
Brooklyn, NY = Where I was born, lived there until 7th grade. I still visit all the time. It's my favorite area in the US.
Philadelphia = my home, I love it here. It reminds me of my other home (brooklyn). Still enjoying philly while it lasts before transplants take it over like they did brooklyn lol
San Francisco = I like it there. Pretty cool and unique city.
Miami = what else is it to say? IT'S MIAMI!
Atlanta = Cool, laid back, modern city with great nightlife. Wasn't bored one bit when I went.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:09 AM

1,772 posts, read 3,518,052 times
1. The Twin Cities
2. Madison
3. Milwaukee
4. Philly
5. Chicago
Honorable mention: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Baltimore, Providence, Rochester

Old 01-07-2014, 12:04 PM

66 posts, read 91,249 times
NYC
LA
LV

I have been to some flyover cities too Chicago, SanFrisco, Boston, WashDC. Wouldnt go back to any of them hopefully ever. Wastage of time.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:35 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,625,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to the 'States View Post
NYC
LA
LV

I have been to some flyover cities too Chicago, SanFrisco, Boston, WashDC. Wouldnt go back to any of them hopefully ever. Wastage of time.

I can see why you would not want to experience Chicago, San Francisco or Boston given that you live in that mecca of beauty and culture, Los Angeles. Please note my *extreme* sarcasm.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:40 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,132,310 times
Visited/Lived:
NYC
LA
Miami
Savannah
Atlanta

Would love to visit:
SF(Was supposed to visit last month, but things got in the way....hopefully this summer!)
Chicago
DC
Seattle
LV(Only 21 so I'm barely of age)

Old 01-07-2014, 04:41 PM

66 posts, read 91,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLake View Post
I can see why you would not want to experience Chicago, San Francisco or Boston given that you live in that mecca of beauty and culture, Los Angeles. Please note my *extreme* sarcasm.
You don't have to write that you are sarcastic to deflect your flyover complex. LA is all those things you describe. The world media is channeled through LA and NYC. We are American culture in a nutshell. Beauty, culture, mecca of tourism are the icing on the cake.

Last edited by Back to the 'States; 01-07-2014 at 04:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City