Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your favoriute state in the Four Corners region
Arizona 62 23.75%
Colorado 114 43.68%
Utah 31 11.88%
New Mexico 54 20.69%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2022, 05:29 PM

4,606 posts, read 2,996,667 times

Advertisements

Wow... this poll is over 11 years old and still open.

I'll grant that Colorado should be the winner on scenery alone,
but I voted for New Mexico. NM too has some amazing vistas.

Plus:

Where else is there a city like Santa Fe?

Which of the other Four Corners states can claim to have its own cuisine and its own architecture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2022, 12:11 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,733,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Wow... this poll is over 11 years old and still open.

I'll grant that Colorado should be the winner on scenery alone,
but I voted for New Mexico. NM too has some amazing vistas.

Plus:

Where else is there a city like Santa Fe?

Which of the other Four Corners states can claim to have its own cuisine and its own architecture?

Santa Fe is a cool city it's fun to visit and New Mexico has a lot of amazing scenery to offer, personally though I much prefer Sonoran style Mexican food, aspects of which, including the chimichanga, originated in Arizona.

For me Arizona takes this one, the biodiversity of the state is one of it's strengths and gives rise to unique beauty to be found in nearly every corner and throughout the grand canyon state.

- The sonoran desert is the most biodiverse desert on earth with over 3,500 species of plants, 500 species of birds and 1,000 species of bees.
- Arizona is the most biologically diverse state among the 4 corners states, ranking 3rd in the nation. https://www.natureserve.org/sites/de...teofunions.pdf

Last edited by JMT; 12-30-2022 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: violation of rules for posting images

Old 12-27-2022, 01:17 PM

783 posts, read 695,026 times
I would pick Colorado today. (Mainly because of Denver) But in the future if the population of SLC was larger, I would pick that one. I already think SLC is a S-tier location in the middle of the beautiful west.

All are beautiful though. They each have their quirks so you aren't getting a bad deal picking any one of them.

Old 12-28-2022, 09:49 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,733,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicist027 View Post
I would pick Colorado today. (Mainly because of Denver) But in the future if the population of SLC was larger, I would pick that one. I already think SLC is a S-tier location in the middle of the beautiful west.

All are beautiful though. They each have their quirks so you aren't getting a bad deal picking any one of them.

I agree with your last comment. SLC has close proximity to the mountains going for it but the drawback with the growth is horrible air quality due to the geography of the SLC valley and religion still dominates the culture in Utah. I don't like being cold so I'll be in PHX but don't mind visiting all 3 of the other states; plus Nevada and California which are convenient from central AZ as well.

Old 12-30-2022, 10:16 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,754,817 times
Utah would be my top pick out of these.
Then maybe Arizona.
New Mexico has some appeal to me, but would like to see it improve drastically.
Colorado maybe 30 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City